5

Louis figured he had said the wrong thing because Harry was suddenly staring blankly at him with teary eyes but neither of them got to speak because a blond lad was waving enthusiastically from the door and running towards them with a pair of crutches in his hand.

He nearly tackled Harry to the floor with a hug while shouting "Hey lad! Long time no see, eh?!" "Are you ready to go Em?" He added immediately, messing her curls.

"Yes" "Thank you Louis, really. I'll pay and then we can go, Niall" Harry he replied instantly still looking down as he grabbed the crutches.

"Not if I get there first. I'm paying" Louis said as he rushed past him to the counter.

At that a small smile made its way to Harry's face. "Now, now. That is quite rude. Are you really going to race a man missing a leg?" He said.

"Yep. And I won by the looks of it" Louis said grinning at the curly before turning around to pay for the meal.

"You got yourself a man, huh?" Niall wishpered in Harry's ear, wiggling his eyebrows while elbowing him lightly.

"What?!" Harry chocked out, his eyes wide open and red creeping to his face.

"Ah, come on lad! Don't lie... he just paid for you and the kids. Plus, he's got a nice bum I must say" Niall winked while smirking at Harry.

Harry went bright red, shook his head and finished getting things ready to go, turning his back to Niall.

"Everything alright, Curly?" Louis asked as he made his way to the table.

"Y-Yes. Niall is going to take us to my apartment. Thank you for everything. I'm sorry about earlier, I was having a really crappy day."

"Oh...!" Louis said in disappointment, shaking his head before he added "Don't apologise, please. I enjoyed having lunch with you all".

They stared at each other for what felt like hours, until Niall coughed from the door, already holding Sam and pushing Emma's trolley. "Sorry to interrupt, but we really need to get going, Harry. I need to get to work in an hour".

Harry suddenly shook his head. "Bye, Louis" he said with a sad smile before he turned around, walking to Niall with his crutches.

Louis stared disappointed as they went, waving a hand awkwardly. As he turned around to grab his things however, he heard Emma screaming "daw, daw".

"What's wrong, monkey?" Harry asked looking her.

"I gib daw" She said standing on the back of her trolley and waving the drawing she had done in the plane in Louis' direction.

Louis smiled brightly at her and accepted the drawing. It was just a mess of lines but it made him smile. "Thank you sweetheart. I'll put it on my fridge, alright?".

Emma nodded shaking her curls and they walked away once more.