11

Louis still couldn't believe that he had gotten his dream job. After the interview he was sure that the wouldn't, but he had been proven wrong the minute Zayn left the coffee shop, as
they had called him to say that they wanted him to start working the very next day.

Apparently they wanted him to start today so that he could attend a few new families that had their first appointment, so that they didn't have it with the other physiotherapist who was to leave the following week.

It was a good thing for them as it could be quite difficult for the families to open up about their children's difficulties and there was no point in going through it twice.

All that considered, he was scared. Not about his abilities, he knew he had them, but he had hoped to be able to go to the center for a couple days just to get familiar with the space and how the place worked.

Luckily, the first appointment of the day had been cancelled at last minute and he had some time to get settled in his 'office', if he could call it so. The room was more like an indoor playground with a small table and computer for him in a corner. He really loved it, and the kid in him wanted to just roll on the padded floor.

However, as he looked at the wall he realised that it was time for the next appointment. He got up and walked out of the door and to the waiting room to greet the family.

What he didn't expect was to find the curly haired man from the plane, sitting there, waiting, with his baby on his lap and watching over the little girl who was playing with some cars nearby.

"Harry?" He said looking at the man, his mouth hanging opened.

Harry jumped a little, clearly startled, before turning around to his voice. He looked at him for a while, his eyes opened wide before speaking.

"L-Louis? What are you doing here?" Harry stuttered out, surprised tho see the man there.

"I work here. I'm a pediatric physiotherapist. What are you doing here?" He asked before he could think.

"Um...I- I had an appointment for Sam" Harry said, with a worried face as he looked down at the little boy.

"Oh...oh! Right! Samuel Styles, isn't it?" Louis said in realisation as he looked at the papers on his hand.

"Mhm" The curly haired man nodded looking on the verge of tears.

"Okay then! Follow me and we can get started?" Louis said in a chipper tone trying to lift his mood a little.

"What?" Harry asked as he looked up at him with a frown.

"Right. Shit. Sorry. Forgot. I'm his physiotherapist. I'll be doing his assessment if that's ok with you. If not I'm sure someone else can do it. I mean, I would understand if you prefer-" Louis said, nervousness getting the best of him before being cut by Harry.

"Stop, stop! God, and I thought my rambling was bad. It's okay. Besides, we already know you, so" The curly haired man said cracking a small smile.

"Okay, good. Sorry. Follow me then?" He said scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeah, I'll just put this back on" Harry said as he placed Sam on Emma's trolley and went to grab his prosthesis. Wincing at the thought.

"Oh, wow! That's a nasty blister! Just wait a second. I'll be right back" Louis said as he turned around the corner.

He came back a few second later with a pair of crutches and gave them to Harry. "Here. Just walk on those. I'll push Sam"

"Thanks. I really didn't want to put it back on" "Emma. Come here, monkey" Harry said, smiling as he grabbed them and calling for the little girl to follow.