33

During the short walk home, Sam started to whine on Harry's chest. It was quite unusual because he almost never complained when he was being carried but Harry figured he was just tired. After all, he hadn't slept much today.

" 'you tired hm, bunny? We're nearly home. We'll have some dinner and then we're off to bed. Okay?" Harry hummed, looking down at him and kissing the top of his head.

When they arrived Harry prepared some porridge soup for them all to eat while keeping a still whinning Sam strapped to his chest and mindlessly caressing the baby's short dark hair. 

A while later, after Emma had finished eating and Harry had desisted trying to feed Sam, they all settled on Harry's bed to sleep. He had tried to get her to sleep on her own bed but she was feeling quite cuddly so he agreed for today, as he wanted Sam to settle down early and he was tired himself.

He thought Emma was asleep, but he was proved wrong when he heard her small voice.

"Mommy no love us no more?" She spoke in a low whisper, curling deeper under the duvet.

What she asked made him stop rocking the baby immediately and pull her close to him. 

"Of course she does, monkey. Never dubt that. She loved you both the most. She a-always will. Even if s-she c-can't stay here with us..." He said with tears starting to trail down his cheek as he cuddled both children.

Emma didn't speak anymore but Harry could feel her whimpering quietly so he started to hum softly.

"If I could fly
I'd be comin' right back home to you
I think I might
Give up everything, just ask me to
Pay attention, I hope that you listen
'Cause I let my guard down
Right now I'm completely defenceless
For your eyes only
I'll show you my heart
For when you're lonely
And forget who you are
I'm missing half of me
When we're apart
Now you know me
For your eyes only
For your eyes only
I've got scars
Even though they can't always be seen
And pain gets hard
But now you're here and I don't feel a thing
Pay attention, I hope that you listen
'Cause I let my guard down
Right now I'm completely defenceless
For your eyes only
I'll show you my heart
For when you're lonely
And forget who you are
I'm missing half of me
When we're apart
Now you know me
For your eyes only
For your eyes only
I can feel your heart inside of mine
I feel it, I feel it
I've been goin' out of my mind
I feel it, I feel it
Know that I'm just wastin' time
And I hope that you don't run from me
For your eyes only
I'll show you my heart
For when you're lonely
And forget who you are
I'm missing half of me
When we're apart
Now you know me
For your eyes only
For your eyes only
I'll show you my heart
For when you're lonely
And forget who you are
I'm missing half of me
When we're apart
Now you know me
For your eyes only
For your eyes only
For your eyes only"

"I love you..." He finished, also falling asleep.

...

The next day was, thankfully, quite unevetfull. Harry decided to spend the day inside as Sam seemed to wake up with a bit of fever, so they settled with watching Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. It was never to early, was it? Besides, he could cover Emma's eyes when the scary part came.

It seemed that it was to early. That night, Emma was scared to go to bed alone so, again, they all got in Harry's bed.

It was still dark when he opened his eyes and it took him a while to realise what had had woken him up. Emma was still asleep but Sam was moving beside him.

"Hey Sammy" He whishpered as he picked him up resting his back against the headboard.

"Shh. You okay bunny?" He said starting to feel like something was wrong. He switched on his bedside lamp and saw that Sam's eyes were open but he didn't seem to really be looking at anything. He kept moving his left arm up and then slowly down again.

By now Harry had started to panick. He knew something was definitely not okay.

He grabbed his phone to call emergencies bus in his panick he couldn't manage to remember the number so he called the first number that popped up on his recent contacts without even reading the name. He didn't really care. He just needed someone to help him.

"Hmm? It's like 3 AM..." A sleepy voice answered the phone.

"Please help me. Sam. He's not okay. He's moving weird. I think he needs help" Harry rushed out, not waiting for anyone to speak further.

"Harry? Shit. Are you home? I'm on my way. I'll call an ambulance and call you back immediately, okay?" Louis voice replied now much more awake.

"Yes. Okay, okay. We'll get help my brave baby boy... It'll be okay. Everything will be okay..." Harry spoke.

The call ended then but Harry barely noticed. He was crying by now as he tried to make Sam react or something but everything seemed to stay the same.

His phone rang less than a minute later, waking a confused Emma up.

"Louis. Please. Please. What do I do?" He begged, now quite desperate.

"Shh, shh. You need to calm down so you can help him, Harry. Is he still moving weird?" Louis said, trying to keep calm himself.

"Yes" Harry replied quickly.

"Okay. Can you check if he has trouble breathing?"

"I- I think he breathes fine" Harry stuttered after checking for a few seconds.

"Okay. That's good. How long has it been going on?" Louis reassured.

Harry started panicking again, feeling guilty and hopeless, not knowing what to do.

"I don't I-I don't know. Was a-asleep... It's my fault. It's my fault. I wasn't paying attention and-"

"Shh, shh. It's okay. You're doing great. There's an ambulance on his way and I'm coming too. Okay?"

"..."

"Now. You need to unlock the front door and be ready to go. I'm on the phone to help you. You tell me if something changes. Okay?"

"H-he stopped. Thank God, bunny... I-I think he's asleep now"

"That's good, Harry. He should be okay. Just keep checking his breathing now. I'm just a minute away"

Harry let out a shaky breath after checking and rushed to get ready. As he did he realised Emma was sat on the bed staring at him with wide teary eyes.

"Everything will be okay, monkey. Come here..." He whispered motioning to hug her too.