16

After Harry left, Louis attended two more appointments and registered everything about them in his computer. When he looked up at the clock, his eyes shot wide open realising his working hours had already finished thirty minutes ago. He had been so concentrated, trying not to forget anything important and collecting all the knowledge and information that was messily scattered trough his brain, that he didn't even realise that all morning had gone by. Well, his mind might or might not have been wandering towards a certain green eyed man and his children since they left...

"Shit! They're going to kill me" He cursed, saving all his work and turning the computer off.

He was soon waving goodby to some coworkers he still didn't know the name of and running out the door to his car. 10 minutes later he arrived to his old school, only to be met by his two 11 year old twin sisters, both glaring at him with crossed arms.

"About time, Louis..." Phoebe said, making Louis crige at the use of his full name as they never used it unless they were angry.

"We finished school 40 minutes ago. You know?" Daisy added before he had a chance to say anything.

"Sorry, I'm sorry! I got distracted with work, okay? I'll make it up to you, I promise!" He apologised, cursing himself. How was it possible to be always late? He made a mental note to always remember to put an alarm for everything he needed to do.

"Yes, you will! You can also make it up to Zayn" Phoebe said looking behind him.

"What?" Louis said with confusion as he turned around.

"Hey, Louis! I didn't expect you her". Zayn chuckled.

"We called him. Since you had to be here and you failed to pic up your phone" Daisy replied looking at his brother with her eyebrows raised.

"I said I was sorry! My phone was on silence mode. I was working... Sorry Zayn. Will you come have lunch with us? Seeing you are already here?" He apollogised again sending him a hopeful smile.

"No worries, mate. I just finished my shift a couple streets away. Lunch sounds nice though" Zayn smiled.

"Okay then. Hop in the car girls. We'll meet there" Louis said.

"Nope. We're going in Zayn's car" The twins answered at the same time.

"Heey! I thought you said you missed me! Louis whined.

The girls that had already started walking to Zayn's car stuck out their tongues at him and laughed, hoping in the car.

"Alright, alright! I get it. See you home, then" Louis sighed, walking to his car with his hands raised in surrender.

...

"What are we eating, Lou?" His sisters asked just as he opened the door.

"Wow! Let me arrive first, please!" He chuckled.

"I'm hungry..." Daisy whinned.

"Okay, okay. Let me see what we've got" Louis said opening the fridge door.

"Are you supposed to cook?!" The twins screached at once.

"Oi! I'm perfectly capable to feed you, you know? I'm a grown man!" Louis answered them, crossing his arms and pouting.

To be fair, he wasn't the best in the kitchen but their mum got called in for a shift at work and wouldn't arrive for a few more hours, so she asked him to pick the girls up from school and prepare something to eat for them. Luckily, Fizzy and Lottie would go eat at their friends' and Doris and Ernest were in daycare.

"Well... If I remember well you nearly set the kichen on fire once" Zayn smirked.

"Once, Zayn! Once!" Luis defended himself.

"Okay, okay! Just saying" Zayn laughed.

"Let's make some sandwiches" Louis huffed, getting some ham, cheese and tomatoes from the fridge.

...

"It wasn't that bad, was it?" Louis asked Zayn about an hour latter, plopping on his bed.

"Naah. I don't think you gave us food poisoning. I just feel sorry for those inocent tomatoes you murdered"

"Oii!" Louis said smacking Zayn on the head.

"Ouch. Okay, okay! How was your first day at work?" He asked rubbing the spot where he was hit.

"Was alright. I really like it. It's just... it's difficult to explain to a parent that their child has a disability, you know?" Louis explained remembering how the green eyed man had fallen apart in front of him.

"Yeah... I guess. It's the only way you can help them" Zayn said patting his back.