54

Harry's night was, for a lack of better words, rough...

As soon as the door locked behind Louis he had felt awful. Now that he thought about it, Louis had just put an incredible oportunity on a silver platter for him to reach out to, but he was scared he woudn't be good enough. After all, he had never had a proper job offer untill then. And now... he had probably messed up whatever was going on between them.

He had gone to bed letting his tears fall freely, keeping Sam close to his body after making sure he couldn't fall from the matress, finally falling asleep after far too long.

He had woken up from a stabing pain on his missing leg, sweaty and breathless but quite glad he was awake as he had been having one of his usual nightmares, now including a bleedy Louis as well as his sister.

After that he hadn't been able to fall back asleep again, the sky being still dark, and refused to leave his place beside beside little Sam to go fetch his phone.

Once the sun was up, he had tried to wash his face to seem a bit more presentable for when Liam arrived with Emma, his red eyes and dark bags not doing any good for him when they did, ready to go to daycare.

"Dada! We sleep in ent!" Emma rushed into his arms.

"Hey, monkey. You slept in a tent? Wasn't it cold?" He greeted, picking her up and kissing her nose.

"Nah, we set it up in the living room" Liam replied. "Emma why don't you show Mickey your blue dinosaur?" He added, looking at Harry with a frown.

She rushed away as soon as his feet touched the ground, Mickey waddling after her, leaving the two alone.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked guiding him to the couch.

"Bad night... Bad dream and phantom limb pain... And I think I messed up with Louis" Harry muttered looking away.

"Oh. Um... Do you need something?" Liam asked smiling sympathetically.

"No, I'm alright now. I'll just get Emma's things and we can go" Harry shook his head.

...

"So... What about Louis? It's the physiotherapist, isn't he?" Liam asked after they dropped the kids.

"Ehm... Yeah... We've been seeing eachother a bit..." Harry pursed his lips.

"And..." Liam pushed, elbowing Harry's side.

"Not much... Just some kisses here and there..." Harry blushed. "But yesterday I messed up... He said he had suggested me as a photographer for the special needs school and to some parents and got me an interview. And I just panicked and lashed out... He was so excited to tell me and I just kicked him out..." He explained with a scrunched face.

"I'll all work out. You'll see... And it's your choice but I think you'd do great at the job" Liam winked.

"Maybe" Harry sighed.

---

"Hey Louis, do you need help setting everything up?" Tomas, one of his coworkers, asked, popping his head in the plastic covered room.

"Nah... It's all done. Thank you, though. They should get here soon. I'll come call you then" Louis waved his hand.

"Sure" The man nodded and walked away.

Louis sighed and sat down to wait. It was Friday and Harry and Sam had confirmed they would come to make him a moulded seat. Harry had replied to his 'I'm sorry' message with a simple 'No worries' and a smiley face so he wanted to think that they'd be okay, but he was a nervous wreck anyway, as they hadn't spoken since.

"Hey. They told me to come in here. We're not late are we?" Harry's voice was heard from the door as he poked his head inside the plastic covered room.

"Harry! No, no. You're just on time. I just finished getting everything ready" Louis jumped up and motioned them inside.

"Oh, okay. How do we do the seat thing? He's asleep right now but I'll wake him when we need to start" Harry asked awkwardly shifting from foot to foot.

"No, don't" Louis smiled. "I don't need him awake for this. We just need to get him undressed to his nappy and I'll put this on him so that he doesn't get messy from the plaster. Then we place him on his tummy here, with his hips bent on this wedge, to cover him with the wet plaster layers" He explained pointing to everything he mentioned.

"Okay, I'll try not to wake him then" Harry smiled as he put Sam down and started undressing him.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Drn1tJznowOw&ved=2ahUKEwjjo73H0oj6AhUOwAIHHelmAUEQo7QBegQIBxAF&usg=AOvVaw3IdafnfRTJBAvDewYQi6Zu

And so, a couple of Louis' coworkers arrived to help them and they started moulding the seat.

Sam woke up crying once he felt the wet plaster on him but Harry, with the others help, managed to keep him in place until he fell back asleep, not waking up again.

"Thank god he fell asleep again. I don't think I could have handled keeping him still when crying for a second longer" Harry sighed, putting the newly dressed baby in his baby sling. He was now a bit more relaxed but the ambiance between them was still far too uncomfortable.

"You did amazing. You calmed him down quite fast" Louis smiled softly, Harry looking up at him, his lips tugging up a bit. "And I'm sorry for the other day, Haz. I overstepped..." He apologised.

"Don't. I'm just a bit scared, I guess. I overreacted" Harry shook his head quickly. "I'd... I mean... If you think I could do a decent job at it, I think maybe I should give it a try" Harry explained, getting as close to Louis as he could with Sam on his chest.

"I- um... Yeah... I'll get you the details for the interview then" Louis nodded, feeling the tension between them but not daring to do anything about it.

"Thank you, Lou" Harry smiled before leaning down to pres a tentative gentle kiss on Louis' lips, him staying still for a second until he relaxed and kissed back, keeping it short and innocent before they pulled away with wide smiles on their faces.

"Are we seeing the next movie this weekend?" Louis asked with a blush, his eyes crinckling at Harry's nod, keeping his cheeriness even after he arrived home later that day.

Maybe we can (L.S.)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara