Chapter 33

"There he is!", we heard people yelling while holding cameras. It was the same people from earlier. Y/N quickly pulled Hyunjin back into the house and they both rushed to close any blinds that were still open.

"How did they find you? Did they follow you?" Y/N, who was out of breath from running around asked. "No, I made sure they weren't" Hyunjin looked a bit scared and was shaking slightly. "Then how did they find you..."

Both of them were very confused with the whole situation. Since the house had a back door in it Y/N was thinking of sneaking Hyunjin through there but how would he get out from the backyard without being spotted.

"I have a plan... it might sound crazy or tricky but it might just work" Y/N said, holding Hyunjin by the arm and taking him where the back door to the backyard was.

"Ok so I'll let you out through this door, it leads to the backyard. You'll have to be sneaky and move through the shadows of the trees while trying not to be spotted" Y/N sounded determined but Hyunjin had a look on his face that she couldn't explain. "Why are you looking at me like that-"

"I can't do that! I'm not part of the mission impossible cast" Hyunjin said with a sassy tone. Y/N started to laugh while he looked confused again. "Fine, fine. I'll give you something to disguise you or something"

Y/N rushed up to her room and found a cap, an oversized sweater that would probably fit him and some glasses. She rushed back downstairs and handed him the disguise.

"Here, this might work a bit better. I know this sounds crazy but if you think you can't go through the backyard jump the fence to my neighbors house-"

"Woah woah woah Y/N. Calm down there. I'm not gonna trespass into the house. I'm Hwang Hyunjin, I can do this" he had a proud smile on his face and slowly opened the door and walked out.

"Just be careful" Y/N said in a low tone "and text me when you get to the company". Hyunjin nodded and went into the trees shadow like Y/N had told him to.

He slowly lurked into the shadows and tiptoed from tree to tree. It took him about five minutes to get near where his car was parked. He tip toed to the car but this time much faster than when he was by the trees.

He unlocked the car and quickly got into the drivers seat. As soon as the people with cameras surrounding Y/N'a house heard a car they immediately turned their heads his way and ran over to where he was.

The poor boy let out a small screech before quickly starting to drive to escape the cameras. The mob of people also had their own cars so they quickly got in theirs and followed him. This went on for a few minutes before Hyunjin finally arrived at the highway. He quickly went as far away from them as possible and made a quick turn at the nearest gas station.

He then went inside the convenience store by the gas station and went into the bathrooms to hide in case they followed him here too. He stayed in the bathroom for a few minutes, trying to listen to whether or not more people had walked in.

After a few minutes he got bored and decided to text Y/N to explain what happened.

Messages:
Hyunjin: Y/N, guess what
Y/N: what?
Hyunjin: I made it out and into the car buttt...
Y/N: but what?
Hyunjin: they kinda followed me and then I went into a highway so I would lose them and now I'm hiding in a gas station bathroom 😕
Y/N: they what now-
For how long have you been in that bathroom for?
Hyunjin: uhhh about 10 minutes?
Y/N: they probably didn't follow you there, peek your head out and see if there's anyone there
Hyunjin: ok, but if anything happens to me I'm blaming you 🙄
Y/N: mhm ok. And if I just saved you another hour in that bathroom then you owe me food
Hyunjin: fine

Hyunjin slowly opened the door and peeked out of the bathroom only to see a woman paying for some snacks at the cash registered. He then turned to where the cars were and there was nothing. He slowly walked out of the bathroom and headed outside into his car.

He ran to his car and immediately started driving to the company since he was already late.

He decided to call Y/N to let her know that he was ok. He picked up the phone and dialed her phone number in. The phone rang for a few seconds before being answered.

"Y/N, i got out" he said sounding proud of himself. "Finally! Are you heading to the company?"

"Yup, I'm almost there"

From the other side of the line Hyunjin could hear there was a knock on Y/N's door. It sounded rushed. "Hold on, someone's at the door" Y/N said.

A door opening was heard and then the voice of a guy. "Y/N! Are you ok?" He sounded out of breath

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" "Haewon sent all of those people with cameras to your house saying you were dating Hyunjin, I think she started the rumors"