Chapter 17

The whole lunch interaction was super awkward and embarrassing. But what can I say, that's not the first time that she's done that. Every time I had a boy over she would always ask if we were dating and stuff. Some of them actually ended up asking me out, but I always said no, that's why I was known as the "cold" girl at school.

We finished lunch and I immediately got up to leave. "Where are you going Y/N?" Asked my mom eyeing me suspiciously. "Practice..?" I said hesitantly. "Huh? I told the boss what was happening and we're ok not going" Hyunjin said looking confused.

"See? No need to leave" my mom said motioning for me to sit back down. "Ugh, why did you have to tell her" I said slumping back down on the chair. "Stop acting like a child and answer my questions from before" she said. "What questions?" I was hoping that they weren't those super awkward ones about dating.

"About you and Hyunjin" she said. Before I could even respond she continued with "you've never had a boyfriend Y/N. It's about time you get one." She said looking over at Hyunjin. "What?! And why are you looking at Hyunjin? I'm over here" I said. "You know why" she said. Hyunjin looks uncomfortable and awkward.

"Your making him uncomfortable, he won't wanna come here anymore" I pointed out. "Oh alright, I'll stop" said my mom completely giving up. "Thank you" I said. "I'll be right back, I'm going to use the restroom" I got up and left.

When I came back I saw Hyunjin's face super red and my mom laughing. "What did you say this time?" "Oh nothing, don't worry about it" she said.

"She made you uncomfortable again didn't she?" I asked Hyunjin.

"Something like that" he mumbled.

My phone suddenly started to ring, it was from the hospital. I answered the call "Hello?" "Hello, this is the hospital, your father is doing a lot better and you can now take him back home" "alright, we're on our way" I said handing up.

"It's the hospital, we can bring my dad back home now" I said picking up my stuff to leave. "I'll go with you two" my mom said getting up from the table.

The whole trip to the hospital was silent. "Why are you guys so quiet all of a sudden?" My mom asked. Me and Hyunjin just shrugged. "We're here" Hyunjin announced parking the car.

We walked in and saw my father walking in the hallway towards us. "Y/N! I'm so happy to see you" he said pulling me into a hug. "I'm so glad you ok dad" You said pulling away. "Hunny! Look! Y/N has a new friend, and he helped us through all of this. Isn't that right Hyunjin?" Said my mom. "Uhhh.... yeah" Hyunjin said awkwardly.

"Hm? And may I ask how do you know my daughter?" "He works at JYP, we have to do something together for the monthly evaluation"

"Oh alright, and you seem familiar..." he said looking at Hyunjin carefully. "What's your last name?" He asked.

"Dad! You just met him and your already giving him a whole questionnaire" "well sorry, but he does seem oddly familiar, is your family name Hwang by any chance?" He asked.

Hyunjin looks surprised for a second. "Actually it is" he said. "Really? No wonder, you look like my childhood friend, your father and I were really close" my father explained.

"The what now?" You said sounding super confused. "When we go home I'll show you some pictures as proof" he said. I was still super confused and by the looks of it so was Hyunjin. "You two look as confused and can be so I'll just explain while we get there" said my dad facepalming.

He explained everything throughout the car ride, I guess you could say he took a trip down memory lane, a veryyyyy long trip.

"Alright so where do I start.." he said while we were making our way to the car.

"Me and Mr.Hwang met when we were in about 6th grade" he said

"We had a lot of the same interests so we got along pretty quickly, we would always be together, whether it was in or outside of school" he continued

"We were inseparable for years and years until high school came to an end. We had to go out separate ways for college, we promised to always keep in touch but that didn't happen, we slowly started to fade"

"We eventually started our own families, I still remember the fun me and your father had, if I'm being honest I miss it, maybe one day I'll get to see him again" he finished off his story.

"Wow, he got a little deep there" I said.

"I'll ask my father about you and maybe I can get him to meet up with you someday" said Hyunjin pulling up in my parent's house.

"That would be wonderful, thank you for helping us during this situation, we really appreciate it" my dad nodded at Hyunjin while getting off of the car.

"Anytime" he replied politely.

"Since you two don't have practice today how about you go somewhere?" My mom said. "Oh gosh not again" I said slouching down in the car seat.

"What? It was just a suggestion" she replied jokingly.

"Your trying to set my little Y/N up with another boy again?" Said my father looking serious. "Of course not" my mother said.

"He isn't just a boy, he's actually a nice one, and you know his father so he's trustworthy"

Hyunjin couldn't hold on his laughter and soon he had us all laughing. If I'm being honest his laugh was so cute, and I hadn't noticed that he had an eye smile before, how didn't I notice?

I slowly started to realize what I was thinking, what's wrong with you Y/N?! Why are you thinking about him like that! You don't even like him that way.... or do you?

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and said a quick goodbye to my parents. We drove off and stopped at a restaurant.

"Why did you stop here?" I asked.

"I wanted to take you out to eat something" he said shyly.

"Alright let's go in then" I said laughing a bit.

As soon as I got out of the car I felt someone hold my hand.

"Hyunjin?"