Chapter 40

Outside the building

Haewon was exiting the building with her things in a box the staff had given her. As soon as she opened the door there was the swarm of reporters again.

"Miss Haewon! Why did you lie? Were you jealous of Y/N?" "Did you get kicked out?" "Where's Hyunjin?" "Are you worried you'll be a laughing stock when articles are revealed?" "They were already revealed actually, she's getting cancelled on Twitter as we're talking!"

"Just let me through!" Haewon said, angrily.

"Well in our defense, you were the one who called us here" One reporter shrugged. "Yeah, and now you get annoyed when we ask you questions? You were happily making up rumors a few minutes ago though" Another reporter said.

"And?! Just let me through!" She yelled

"Don't let her through! Ask her as many questions as you'd like, and don't let her go until she answers them all" Minho yelled from the door, a smirk evident on his face. "Minho!" Bang Chan said, pulling the boy back inside, "sorry for that" he said. "He looked like a dad trying to hold their kid back from saying something embarrassing" a reporter said, making the rest let out slight snickers.

"Anyway, since we have permission now, let's ask our questions" said another reporter.

"What? But I never agreed" Haewon said. "Well neither did Y/N and Hyunjin" Minho was heard yelling from inside again. "Minho!" Bang Chan yelled again, covering the boys mouth and pulling him into the elevator.

Y/N and Hyunjin who were also in the lobby could be seen laughing rather intensely. Yuna was also there, being held by another trainee as she was also about to scream out like Minho did. "These children" JYP said, taking a sip of his coffee.

At this sight, Y/N and Hyunjin laughed even harder, with Felix and Jisung joining.

Time skip to a week later

It was finally the day of the evaluation they had worked so hard for. In just this small amount of time, so much had happened. From what happened to Y/N's dad, to the amusement park, and all of the rumors.

"It's finally here, I'm nervous but excited at the same time" Yuna said, with Seungmin nodding next to her.

Y/N simply nodded as she and Hyunjin practiced the choreography one last time before the evaluation.

"We're starting! Everyone get ready" A staff member said, getting some lights and the camera ready. JYP, choreographers and vocal trainers and Jisung, who couldn't perform due to Haewon being his partner and getting kicked out.

"First up... Yuna and Seungmin" Jisung announced.

They were singing a duet of You were beautiful by Day6.

As they sang together the whole room was swayed by the soft melodies and how well they're voices sounded together.

They finished their song and everybody was clapping. "That was a great performance, your vocals were flawless and the song was well executed" JYP said.

Yuna and Seungmin gave a quick bow and got off the stage. Jisung called the rest of the trainees and they performed, all doing great.

"Last but not least, Y/N and Hyunjin" he announced, making both of them sit up and walk over to the stage. All of the staff and members had small smiles on their faces. Are they ok? Y/N thought while looking at all of them. Little did she know, there was a surprise waiting for her at the end of the performance.

They performed strongly, swaying from one side of the stage to the other. First with a more upbeat music and dance that then transformed into a more formal dance. They held onto each other and swayed to the music. "You're doing great" Hyunjin whispered to Y/N, with a smile.

"You too" Y/N whispered, smiling back.

As soon as the performance ended, the lights went dim and then completely shut off. "What happened to the lights?" Y/N whispered. She couldn't feel Hyunjin next to her anymore, she began to worry but didn't dare to move since she couldn't see anything.

The lights slowly came back on, which revealed Hyunjin walking towards her, with flowers in his hand.

"Tulips?" Y/N said, wondering how he knew her favorite flowers.

"Yeah, you're mom kinda told me what your favorite flowers were" Hyunjin said, nervously scratching the back of his neck.

Flashback

Y/N got up to go to the bathroom and left Hyunjin alone with her mom.

Her mother turned to face Hyunjin and said, "I know you like her, it's written all over your face when you look at her. I'll give you a small tip, she loves flowers, especially tulips. She loves the meaning of them and ever since she was young she would say she wanted her future partner to give her tulips since they signify deep love" she explained.

Hyunjin looked down with a surprised look and blushing madly.

End of flashback

"So that's what she said?" Y/N said, in disbelief at how her mother had said this to him, "If she says that to anyone then imagine how much other people she said that to after trying to set me up with them" she said in a whisper but loud enough for Hyunjin to hear.

He let out a small chuckle before walking closer to Y/N.

"Y/N... I know we haven't known each other for that long but, I can't put in words how I feel for you. I didn't know if you felt the same way so I didn't have the courage to say this before but.."

Y/N knew what was coming but didn't dare to say anything. She just stood there, with her face red as a tomato.

"I like you Y/N, do you want to go out with me?" he said.

Small sniffles were heard from behind them, making them both turn around to Yuna and Minho, being dramatic. "My besties getting asked out" Yuna said, fake crying. "My little boy is asking her out" Minho said, also crying. Bang Chan and the trainee from before immediately covered Yuna and Minho's mouth making them shut up.

"Continue, don't mind them" Bang Chan said, making everyone laugh again.

"Anyway, as I was saying, do you want to go out with me?" Hyunjin said, with a small smile on his face.

All Y/N could do was nod, due to no words being able to come out of her mouth from how happy she was.

Everybody cheered as Y/n took the flowers from Hyunjins hand.

"They symbolize a perfect and deep love" Y/N said, smiling at Hyunjin.

"You know, this dance was something like... our love dance"

- The end -

Thank you for reading and supporting love dance !

(There will still be some extras like the Q&A, authors note and a prologue)