Chapter 16

I slowly walked over to the door to open it. As I opened it I saw Hyunjin standing there with a breakfast for us both.

"I figured that you haven't eaten breakfast yet so I bought some for me, your mom, and you" he said smiling. He looked completely adorable standing there smiling at you with breakfast in his hands.

"Thank you so much, I'm sure my mom will appreciate it a lot" was all I could manage to say. I felt nervous as we walked out of the door and into the car.

The hospital wasn't very far from my apartment. We arrived about 15 minutes later. I was nervous go just get out of the car but I knew that I had to go for my mom. Hyunjin noticed the nervous look on my face. "Are you ok" he said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yeah, just nervous" I replied. "Alright, lets go in".

I walked right behind him. We went to the second floor, which was where my father was being treated. I saw my mom sitting in a chair in the hallway nervously.

I ran towards her and hugged her. She started to cry into my shoulder and all I could do was pat her back to comfort her. I felt like crying as well but I knew that I had to be strong for her. "It's alright mom, I'm here now" was all I could manage to say in a shaky voice.

As she let go she noticed Hyunjin standing there looking like he was gonna cry. "Aren't you a member of a boy group?" My mom asked him eyeing him curiously. He let out a soft chuckle as he said "yeah".

"Oh mom, I almost forgot. This is Hyunjin and he brought me here. He also bought breakfast for you since you probably haven't eaten" her eyes softened a bit as she looked at the bag of food that Hyunjin was holding. "How nice of you" she said smiling.

We all ate in silence as we waited for any news about my dad. The doctor finally came after 20 minutes, we had already finished our food by that time.

My mom immediately rose up from her seat. "How is he doctor?" I also sat up and walked over to where the doctor and my mom were. "He is stable right now but he has to get some rest. You'll be able to see him in a few hours." He said.

"May I ask, what was the cause of the heart attack?" I asked the doctor. "It could have been for different reasons, but what I think most likely happened was that he was stressing out so much. From what I know he works at a company. Am I right?" I nodded my head.

My father was one of the managers of a famous company. They produced some of the best quality food that a lot of restaurants and markets would buy from. The company had been getting a lot of new orders. My father was stressed about them arriving in time and to have enough for all of the orders. He often had to work extra time for the past week.

The doctor headed off to talk to a nurse. Me and my mom say back down in the chairs, my mother looked exhausted as she let out a breathy sigh. "Go to sleep mom, it looks like you need it." I said to her, I was starting to worry about her not getting enough rest.

My mom was about to sit back down on the chair when Hyunjin made a suggestion. "How about we take her home, we can stay here with your father and she can relax properly". My mom smiled. "Alright, I'll call you two later to pick me up"

All three of us headed towards the parking lot and got into the car. We were about half way there when my mom suddenly said "You have such a great friend Y/N. Unless if he ain't your friend. Are you two dating?". I was drinking water and nearly chocked on it.

Both me and Hyunjin turned red. "Mom! We're just friends" I said looking down not able to look at Hyunjin. "Aww, once you get a boyfriend he better be as nice as... what's your name dear?" She asked Hyunjin. I couldn't stop laughing. Hyunjin turned red again and mumbled "Hyunjin" my mom somehow understood and repeated her sentence. "As I was saying, when you get a boyfriend he better be as nice and caring as Hyunjin" my mom said sounding like she was scolding me.

"Alright, I'll try" I said shrugging. "No, you better" said my mom. Hyunjin just laughed it off.

We got to my parent's house and dropped her off. "Alright mom, call me when you want us to pick you up" I said waving goodbye at her. "Get some rest" Hyunjin called after her. "See? He's nice" my mom said walking away. Once again Hyunjin's face got red for like the 100th time today.

We drove off in silence until I decided to turn the radio on. Somehow God's Menu by Stray Kids started playing, I started to sing along and even do the dance. Hyunjin just looked at me as if I was crazy or something, which if I'm being honest I kind of was.

(^^ he looked at you like that 🤣)

I started to laugh hysterically at the face he made. He ended up laughing as well. The rest of the way there went by like that, you two acting like crackheads and laughing.

You stayed at the hospital for about an hour and a half when your mom called you to come pick her up. "Y/N, I'm hungry can i you pick me up and get me some food?" She said. I laughed and agreed. "Hyunjin, my mom wants us to pick her up and get her food" I said laughing. He looked partly confused and like he was going to laugh.

"Alright, lets go" he said. We left and picked up my mom. We got her a sandwich and took her back home to eat. And honestly I wasn't surprised when she went on with her 'comments' again.

"How come you two aren't dating?" She said. We both looked at each other and back at my mom. "What? I'll give you tips on how to ask Y/N out" said my mom taking a bite of her sandwich. "What?! When did I agree?" I whined. "You don't have to agree, as long as he does then I'll tell him" she said. "Huh?!" Hyunjin looked as confused as I did.

"Let's just eat" I said looking at my food. "Yeah, good idea" said Hyunjin taking a bite of his. My mom just shook her head and continued to eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AHAHAHA. I made the mom one of THOSE moms 🤣🤣. I couldn't stop laughing while writing this 🤣🤣.

                                            Word Count: 1165