II. Trouble

Julia's POV:

The longer I thought about it, the less sense it made. They're choosing ten werewolves' and allowing them to attend a regular school. Not a hunters' school, but a regular school.

"Why?" A student asks.

Right now, we're in the middle of class - second period. We didn't even get to jump into introductions before students slammed the teacher with questions about the news. An introduction doesn't really matter since we all know each other. There aren't a lot of new faces in town.

"Even though I heard about it already. This is still batshit crazy," Eric mumbles.

Eric, Brenda, and I have the same schedule for high school. We also only have five periods. The perks about going to a hunter elementary and middle school are that their academics are above the standards. We took a few high school classes in middle school. So, we get to skip the first period and leave after the fifth period.

We wanted to go home by lunch, but they disapproved of it. The school says we need to stay just in case there is a school assembly, which is always in the sixth period.

I'm listening to it right now, and it's still batshit crazy. Apparently, it was all over the news and social media, but I don't watch the news, and I spent most of my free summer reading manga. I'm not proud of my obsessions.

"Now. Now," Mr.Huber tries to calm us down.

Of course, we'll freak out! A group of heart-ripping shape-shifting werewolves is coming to our school.

"I understand this may be an unexpected development." He inhales a deep breath, "But, the government had already decided on it."

"We're going to die!"

Everyone starts mumbling to each other.

"Student! Student!" The level of his voice increases, "There will be no death. Look. The government is sending an excellent group of student hunters and-"

"Oh yeah. Student hunters. They'll save us." That voice sounds a bit too sarcastic.

"And-" Mr.Huber ignores him, "we have student hunters at our school."

"They're here because they're failures!"

"Thanks, Brian," Brenda says.

Brian is Brenda's twin brother. Brenda is a hunter, but Brian is not. It's interesting how the ACTN3 gene works.

Brian gave her two thumbs up, but Brenda didn't respond.

I raise my hand.

"Yes, Julia."

"Are any of them going to be in this class?"

Everyone starts mumbling again.

Mr.Huber clears his throat, "I can see why you're concerned. Possibly."

The volume of the mumbles only escalates.

"And that's because two of the ten students are seniors."

"Who are they?" Brian asks. "Which pack are they from? Is one of them from that BloodHound Pack? And why did they choose that name?"

Someone screams from the back of the classroom. I can imagine the same thing happening in other classrooms. Not many students had met a werewolf, but they had heard stories on the news.

Stories of werewolves killing men...women...children...bears!

A few years ago, a hiker videotaped two werewolves taking on a bear.