XLIII. Quick Buck

I sip on the smoothie I brought since we're going to make some extra money hunting down a werewolf that's not out there.

I hit Brian's back, "Ready to go?"

"Uh yeah. Yeah." He walks out of the shoe store.

My eyes waiver to the shoes in the glass case. "Eric," I said.

He sighs, "On it." He takes out his phone.

"Can you also-"

"Yes. Yes. I'll send the picture to Brenda."

Brian has been eyeing the shoes since they came out. It's a limited edition, whatever it's called brand name shoes. It cost as much as the necklace. I blame myself for having expensive taste friends.

"My gift better be equally expensive," Eric says.

"I want a car," I told him.

"First, you have to get a license."

I rolled my eyes and made my way towards the exit—Eric paced beside me. I knocked onto him, "Be serious for a second. Brenda and you?"

He shrugs, "Maybe."

"Maybe?" I chuckle, "You know she's into you."

"Yeah." He licks his lips, "Hey. Has she told you where she's going...or maybe where she is considering?"

I raise a brow, "Why? Going to chase her Romeo?"

"I'm just curious."

"Chicago."

He stops walking.

After a few steps, I did too. I turn towards him, "Oh. Wasn't that the place you wouldn't be caught dead in? What is it again? Shitcago?" I laugh deviously.

"You knew, and you didnt stop me!" He picks up his pace.

"Who cares? You don't like her like that anyways."

Eric pouts, "Whatever. Bitch." He walks faster until he reaches Brian.

A buzz caught my attention.

Brenda: I'm in. I got the money.

It must be nice to know how to save. Brian, Eric, and I are those who live for the moment - as in, whatever we want, we get.

So, when the weekend rolls around, we head towards our destination with the crazies.

"Kill him before he kills us!"

Maybe I can borrow the money from my parents.

The three of us stood there and watched the signs and pitchfork holders. I bought the hood closer to my head, "Yup. Great idea," I mumble. We cramp our way into the crowd.

The microphone echoes into our ears, and we quickly cover it.

At the top of the pyramid was the weird man at the mall. He made some speech, and everyone roared along.

"Julia?" I turn around to see Vicki.

She smiles, "It is you!"

"What are you doing here?"

"The money, duh."

As expected.

She leans in, "I mean, I'm pretty sure over half of the people are here to make a quick buck, ya know."

When the man screams, everyone screams along.

Vicki nudges my waist.

I put my fists in the air, "Ahh."