XI. Taunting

Julia's POV:

The amount of sweats I produce is
enough to fill a bucket...maybe two.

Brenda chuckles, "I'm sorry, but how are we supposed to know who your mate is?"

"Thought you might have seen me at the party."

"Sorry," Brian says. "This is the first time I've met you. What about you?"

"First time too," Brenda replies.

Marcelo sighs, "That's expected. The party is pretty big."

"How come?"

"I'm talking to a few people to see if they happen to be there when my mate threw up on me." He says it so casually it's almost comedic.

"Sorry," Brenda says. "I left early." For some odd reason, the tension didn't feel as high compared to earlier when Marcelo exposed his identity.

"Me too," Brian includes.

"I see." There's something in Marcelo's voice that calms others. It's almost as if the environment is swaying to his desires. "Well, it is what it is. Eventually, she'll come."

"Good luck, man," Brian says.

"Thanks, dude." The weight from the other side of the car lifts. "I'll see you both around?"

"Yeah."

"And if your car ever breaks down again." Hopefully not. "You're welcome to borrow one of my guys. They're all pretty good with cars, especially Nisha."

"This...I don't...This isn't who I thought you'll be," Brenda says slowly.

"Yeah. You're pretty cool," Brian says.

Marcelo chuckles, "What am I supposed to be?"

"It's just...no offense...but we met Jenny and her aura is kind of...intense," Brenda chooses her words cautiously. After all, Jenny is still an alpha and Marcelo's colleague.

"Jenny is always like that," he says. "It's her personality."

"Well, I'm glad not all alphas are like that," Brian laughs.

When is he going to leave?!

"Definitely." The car leans slightly again. How heavy is this guy? "Me and the guys are having a small party this weekend. Suppose you aren't too afraid of wolves. Maybe, you can consider dropping by."

"Party?"

"Well, it's not really a party. It's more like a small gathering by the lake house."

"Lakehouse?"

"That's where we're staying for the year."

"Holy shit," Brian says. "You guys are staying at those fancy-ass lake houses?"

Marcelo laughs, "Yeah. It's like our small base."

"We'll definitely drop by!" You will drop by. Let's not we this situation.

"Brenda?" Marcelo is indirectly asking if she will come.

"Sure. We'll drop by for a little bit."

"And sleeping beauty?" Who the fuck is that?

"I'll ask her when she wakes up from her slumber."

"Cool. Then, I'll text you both the address."

Don't tell me. They exchange numbers?

"Sounds good."

After a few seconds, Brian says: "He's cool."

"Yeah. I thought he was going to be like Jenny, but the guy seems chill about everything."