XXIX. Another Julia

Marcelo backs away and covers his mouth with his hand, "I'm done with you." Even when he's trying to hide it, I could see the full-fledge smile that desperately desires to surface.

I rest an elbow at the table and lean my face against the open palm. I waited for Marcelo to finish laughing before saying: "You wanna play with me?"

The joy left his face almost entirely.

"For the next few months. Do you wanna play?"

"Play?"

"Hook up."

"And you're not afraid I may bite you?"

"I already told you. I'm not afraid for me." If Marcelo bites me on a closed territory without my consent, it would mean disaster for his pack. As an alpha, he should put his pack above all else, even his soulmate.

An alpha - a leader.

I noticed that the group is slowly moving elsewhere. I stood up, pressed a hand against the table, and leaned towards Marcelo's ear. What I'm doing is most likely my stupid teenage side. "If you're not afraid. Take a ride with me. I'll be in the limo." I grabbed my jacket and made my way towards the door.

Even if Marcelo doesn't show up, I'm going to go home.

The limo driver can take me home and come back here on time to pick everyone else up. I mean, my parents did rent out the limo for the whole night.

Outside of the auditorium, it was cold. The low temperature gave me some brain cells. I smack my face, "What did I just do?" I cannot believe I invited a guy who may potentially bite my neck and chain me down for the rest of my life on a sex marathon.

The more I walk, the more the warmth seems to disappear.

I hate it, but I miss Marcelo.

I know what it is.

It must be the cold.

I look towards the dark sky and exhale, "I want that dick." I slap my face again to wake myself up.

On my way to the limousine, I caught Lana and Lucio. They didn't say anything except stare intensely at each other. I walk backward to hide behind the wall.

Tears fall off Lana's red cheeks, "I love you," she says. "No matter what other people said, I didn't believe them because I trusted you."

It seems like I stumbled upon a little ex-couple bickering.

"You want to know why we didn't work?"

Yes! I do want to know!

"It's the fact that you can't get over that girl!"

Which girl? Rosario?

"Tell me! What's so good about Julia?!"

Hold the fucking phone.

They're talking about another Julia...right?

"She hurt you. She was the one who made you like this. But you still want her. You still defend her." More tears.

"Then, let me ask you." Lucio exhales a white breath, "Do you even love me?" This conversation is getting too deep for me. "Or did you enjoy the fact that you can flaunt to everyone that you tamed me?"

Lana shook her head, "That's not...That's not it."

"Really? Because being with an alpha seems to speak otherwise."

"He forced himself on me."

Lucio's face scrunches, "You don't look like someone who's trapped. Someone who needs help." I have to side with Lucio on that one.