XLVI. Three Months

"What?!" Eric screams.

Brian steps over the DVDs, "What are you two doing?" He looks like he caught his lover in an affair with his friend.

"Kissing," I respond in an anti-climactic tone.

"Obviously! But, why?" Eric question.

Brenda turns around, "Oh gosh," she grumbles. She's probably wondering why she fell for such an idiot.

"Because I find him hot," I said. I decided to follow along with his idiocy.

"But, your mate! You-" Eric stops talking, "Oh."

Brian and Eric look at each other, "Oh," they said at the same time.

I would say what follows wasn't exactly comfortable. We all sat on the couch and stared at each other. Brian was on the single couch with Eric and Marcelo on the large one. Brenda and I sat on the smaller couch.

"Hey there! I thought-" Mrs.Tran stops talking, "I thought you guys would want popcorn, so I pop some," she said slowly. She puts down the two bowls, "Don't stay up too late." Slowly, she backs away from all the intense stare.

"What's going on?" Mr.Tran steps into the living room with his pajamas. They're getting ready to go to sleep. Brenda's and Brian's parents came back to the country to celebrate their children's birthday, but they'll leave the following week to go on another mission.

"I have no idea," Mrs.Tran said. "Let's go to sleep."

They gave us one last look before they went upstairs.

"How long?" Eric asks.

"Since I finish met her," Marcelo responds.

"No. Not you." Eric looks at Brenda, "Since when have you known?"

"Attic."

Brian gasps, "And you didn't tell us?"

"I thought you guys would've picked up the clues. You know, gather up all the information like Brenda did," I responded.

"What do I look like? A detective?" Brian questions.

"You can clearly scratch that out," Brenda grumbles.

"Anything else we should know?" Eric asks. "Please, no clues. Straight facts."

I scratch my nose, "Marcelo and I had sex."

Eric's and Brian's faces twisted, "Ew!"

"Not that fact!" Brian said.

"Kai's court case is coming soon," I said. If I don't tell them now, they probably won't find out until they watch the news.

Suddenly, everything went quiet again.

I scratch my arm, "I was wondering if maybe-"

"Yes!" Brenda replies.

"You don't even know what she's asking for," Eric said.

"Who cares." Brenda puts an arm around my shoulders, "I'll do whatever she asks me to do."

"Oh." Eric wiggles his eyebrows, "Whatever?"

As quickly as the tension came, it left.

Brenda throws popcorn at him. He grabbed it from his lap and ate it with a mischief grin on his face.

"What is it?" Brenda question.

I inhale a sharp breath, "I was wondering if you would all testify with Kai during his court case?"