XLV. DVDs

On the ride home, Marcelo didn't say a single thing.

I don't understand why he has a concerned look on his face.

The ring is a fake.

I mean, it glows and shit but so does the lava lamp in my room.

Marcelo tapped a finger against the wheel. "You said you found the ring in the attic?" he asked.

I debated whether or not I should tell him I found a necklace too.

"Yeah."

He looks stressed. I'll tell him the other part another day.

"So, will people come and try to kill me?" I question.

"They won't...maybe," he replies. "Only descendants can use the items."

"Maybe?"

"I mean, if the ring is real, they would want it."

My brows pinched together, "What do the items do?" I cannot believe I may potentially die because of an item I can't use. 

But, if I could use it, can you imagine what I can do with it?

Private jets. 

Mountains of money. 

People kissing at my feet to heal their love ones. 

How wonderful!

I need to re-evaluate my life. 

"No one really knows," he responds. "I think I read it somewhere that it can help take down the chosen one."

"Huh?"

"Something about the ones carrying the bloodline comes together and takes down the chosen one if they ever turn evil. You know, a backup plan."

I nod, "That makes sense." Do you know what does not make sense? Killing the person that has the items.

When we reached my house, I opened the door and got out.

"Hey," Marcelo says. He got out of the car and circled towards me. "Be careful, people-"

I place a finger on his lips, "Shhh-" I grab the ring and drop it on his palm, "It may be my family heirloom, try not to lose it, or you know, use it for evil." As if I'll carry around something so troublesome.

Marcelo grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"What? I already gave you something that may change your pack life forever. What do you want from me?"

"Really?" He places it in the air, "You're going to give it to me just like that?"

"Yeah." Real. Fake. I don't care. It has the - kill me, please - tag around it.

"Do you know how important this item is?"

"Yeah." It's important to him, not me.

"Do you not understand the importance of this situation?"

"I do understand. That's why I gave it to you." I took a step closer, "I don't know if you notice this or not, but I'm not exactly a fighter."

Marcelo released a light breath, "All the more reason to wear it." He grabs my hand and drops the ring, "Alot of werewolves recognize this item. So, no matter what law you break, you'll be penalty-free."

"What about humans? Do humans know about this?"

"Not a lot."

"And the few?"