XXII. Hunters

In the restricted part of the building, Marcelo pushed me against the wall. His tongue pushed into mine as my arms wrapped around his neck. I could feel his hand caressing my ass.

When his mouth travels down my neck, I look at my watch. We've been making out for almost ten minutes.

I hit his broad back, "Hey. We gotta get back, or else they'll be suspicious."

"Don't worry," he pants out. "I already message Eric. I'm heading home."

"What about me?"

"Tell them you have diarrhea or something." He kisses me again.

I move my head away, "Really?"

"Yeah."

Oh, whatever.

I kissed Marcelo again. When my feet got tired, I leaped onto him. He held me from below with his arms and pressed me against the wall.

"You know," I swallow furiously, "This doesn't mean we're together or anything."

He smiles, "I know."

"It doesn't mean I accept you."

"I know."

"It doesn't mean I'll go back to your pack with you."

"I know."

"Then, why?"

He laughs lightly, "Why would I reject a makeout invitation from you?" His tongue ran across the edge of his lips lightly as his waist pressed against mine, "I wouldn't reject anything from you."

My finger circles around the tip of his hair. I know I'm walking into a dangerous situation.

Marcelo tilts his head until it reaches my ear, "Werewolves can have sex with their soulmate without bonding with them."

"And you think you're strong enough to hold it back?" I've heard of that, but it's only for werewolves who have a strong will.

"I don't think...I know."

My whole body feels like it's on fire - an uncontrollable rage. I know I'm attracted to Marcelo, and it's possible that the bond ignited it.

"So, how about it?"

I closed my eyes and moaned lightly when he rubbed his large dick between excessively soaked underwear.

I grunt, "Oh. No. No. No." I got off of him. "No. No. No. No." I didn't even look at Marcelo when I left the room.

While I walk down the hallway, I continue to repeat: "No. No. No. No."

When I reached the room, I sat down. "Where's Mark?" I ask.

"Said he had something to do and left," Eric replies.

Not too soon after, the birthday cake was out. Of course, I took two pieces home. Not for my parents, but for me. My eyes caught Kai's sparkly eyes. I took three pieces home.

Then, it was gift time.

Rubi loves every present.

Kai didn't look happy when we left.

When we reached my house, we said good night to everyone. I stood in front of the garage with Kai. "What's wrong?"

We had a good time.

He found his soulmate. He has a cute date with his soulmate next weekend. We have leftover cake.

"The gift," Kai said softly. "It's not...from me."

I exhale softly. Kai must have felt bad when Rubi hugged him earlier and thanked him for the gift.

Apparently, they're best friends now.