IV. The Werewolves

Julia's POV:

I tuck my hands into my jacket and lean my head against Brenda's shoulder. The show is about to unfold.

Lana is a girl who, amazingly, has no friends. She transferred here late last year, and let's say-

"Oops," Rosario accidentally knocked over her plate.

She isn't that welcome at school.

It's been a month into the year, and this has happened repeatedly.

Rosario Rowland is the school head cheerleader - the most popular girl in school. She doesn't necessarily like Lana. Lana didn't respond. Instead, she bends down to pick up her food.

The whole cafeteria was quiet.

"Skank," Rosario said before she passed by Lana.

Last year, Rosario and Lucio broke up because of Lana. They said Lana transferred in and took Lucio from her. But, if you know them, you would know Rosario and Lucio were only fuck buddies. Everyone assumes they were together since they spent so much time together.

It's the same cliche thing you would read in a book. Lucio made a bet with his friends to hook up with some random girl. This isn't the first time they did that. Unexpectedly, Lucio fell for Lana.

But then Lana found out about the bet. Over the summer, she left town, and their problem was never resolved.

But, Rosario bullied Lana since the start of the school year.

It's not about Lucio anymore.

It's personal.

Its pride.

Rosario is supposed to be queen, and the king is only her decoration. She doesn't like it when someone takes what's hers, even if she doesn't want it.

If I ever meet Rosario's parents, I need to talk with them. Ask them how they raised Rosario and do the opposite for my children.

Once the show was over, everyone went back to doing their own thing. I notice how a guy walks towards her and helps her. She glared at him before she took her plate and left.

I guess she doesn't trust anyone else after what happened to Lucio.

But, that distrust is also what's pushing everyone away.

I tried to help her once.

She dropped a pencil, and I told her that she had dropped her pencil.

The girl looked at me with crazy eyes and told me to leave her alone. Then, she cried.

I got in trouble.

The teacher thought I was bullying her, so he gave me detention and called my parents. My parents taught me the importance of not bullying for three hours and grounded me for a week.

Then, they forced me to be friends with Lana. I tried to talk to her a second time, but she completely shut me out and asked if I enjoyed the show. If I enjoyed ruining her life.

At first, I felt bad for her, but now, I do enjoy the show - bitch.

That was last year.

Ever since then, I didn't bother talking to her. I know she's going through something, but snapping at every person who approaches her isn't going to solve anything.

Rosario isn't a saint, but Lana isn't one either. They both need therapy.

After school, we decided to have dinner at Brenda's and Brian's house. "Let me go call my mom," I said.