VII. Best Dad Ever

Julia's POV:

I check my mouth in the locker mirror. I grab a thread of floss and clean my teeth again.

"Some of us are trying to keep our breakfast in," Brian says.

I move the string back and forth, "My dentist says I need to floss more."

While I continued to floss, they talked about what happened. It's been nearly two months into school, and Halloween events are coming up.

Bluecester is big on Halloween for some unknown reason.

"So, are we going to do it?" Brian asks.

"Do what?"

"TP Mrs.Rodriguez's house."

I stop flossing, "Your mom dropped you when you were younger, didn't she?"

"What? It's tradition to TP the principal's house."

"Yeah," I said. "The last principal." Our last principal was an old bald man who spent most of his time in the office. Mrs.Rodriguez likes to walk around and glare at students. Her hobby is to lower students' self-esteem.

"She got a point," Brenda says. "The last principal...is okay. This one?"

"Why are you two so afraid of her?"

"She gave detention to one of the werewolves. When he growled at her, she snapped and told him two weeks. Clearly, the woman isn't afraid of death."

"Chickens." Brian turns towards Eric, "You in?"

Eric scratches his head, "I don't know. Mrs.Rodriguez kind of...scares me."

"I don't remember my friends being such sissies. I'm going to find my actual friends," Brian says. He spots a group of guys and rushes towards them.

"That idiot will get himself into so much trouble," Brenda says.

"Agree," Eric responds.

All of the guys face pales. They all shake their heads. Brian walks back to us, "Everyone is a wuss."

"No," Brenda rebuttals, "Everyone has a thing called survival instinct except you."

We continue to talk about Brian's lack of survival skills. Well, not we. The other two would continue to throw salt in his wound while I fought to floss the back of my teeth.

"Look," Brenda nudged my shoulder.

I lower the floss and look forward to seeing Lana and Nolan together. This time, she doesn't look miserable like usual. She actually looks kind of happy.

"Seems like the best thing that ever happens to Lana is for werewolves to attend our school," Brenda says.

It's not a lie. It's the truth. Ever since the day where Dylan outrightly threatened Rosario to stop messing with Lana, she stopped.

Brenda nudges me again, "Seems like our school bad boy is having another bad day."

And ever since werewolves attended our school, Lucio had been more miserable - dethrone, one may say.

Hunters who attend high school with ordinary people tend not to want to stand out. So, we wouldn't join any sports extracurricular activities. That's the whole reason why we drop out of hunter school. We want to be normal. Sports tend to bring out our competitive side. Plus, it gathers attention.

Then, the hunting organization would wonder why we aren't in Hunter school when we have such exceptional talent.

But, werewolves are different. They don't have to hide.