XXXVI. Safe and Sound

If this were a story, I would call myself the extra.

I'm that extra who is beside the small-time villain in the book.

If this is a high school love story, I would consider her the main villain, but it isn't.

Why am I behind someone who has a bad reputation?

Well, because I believe she can change for the better.

If Brenda can hear my thoughts, she would laugh until she rolls into her grave.

We all know I'm here because I'm greedy.

"What do you want?" Rosalina question.

Ever since Jenny came here, they haven't seen eye to eye. It's simple. Rosalina doesn't like Jenny because she's a pretty face with a strong personality. The pretty face isn't the part she dislikes. She actually likes pretty things. It's the strong personality.

Jenny's eyes went around us before it lay back on Rosalina. "We need to talk." It seems like everyone needs to talk nowadays.

"Fine." I didn't expect Rosalina to agree so quickly. Something is not adding up.

"Privately."

"Follow me." Rosalina walks, and so does Jenny. Brenda and I followed. If it means skipping class, I'm all for it.

"Why are they following us?" Jenny question.

"They're following me." It didn't take long for Jenny to catch up. The reason why we're here.

"They can't protect you from Dylan."

"But, they can hold him off for me long enough so I can run away."

Brenda and I started sweating. So, that is the reason why she keeps us around.

When we reach an empty classroom, Rosalina says: "Open it."

As you command my bank account.

I unlock the empty classroom.

"Wait out here," she says.

"Alright," Brenda replies.

When they went inside, Brenda and I exchanged looks. I remove the gum from my mouth, spit it into the plastic stuff in my back pocket, and press it in the hole.

Rosalina thought she closed the door, but with a tiny push, it opened again.

"You told me you would get him off my back," Rosalina said.

"You think it's easy to get a beta to walk away from his soulmate?"

"You're an alpha!"

"He's not in my pack."

I suspect that Jenny had a hand in helping Rosalina get away from Dylan.

"That fucking psycho," Rosalina says. "My soulmate?! He's only doing what he thinks is best for me? Well, he isn't wrong! He is doing what he thinks is best for me. Do I fucking look like Lana to him?"

"You seem to hate her alot."

"Please, drop the act. We both know you hate her to the core too. I mean, why else would you help me?"

I'm assuming they have a mutual bond over hating Lana.

But is Lana that bad?

A bit too cowardly and righteous - or what she thinks is righteous - for her own good.

Jenny growls, "That girl is destroying everything. If she weren't the stupid chosen one, I would've bitten off that arrogant head of hers."

It seems like Lana caused some trouble over break.