XXX. Disease

It's probably not a good idea to say: "Do you want to go to a hotel?"

That was me.

I was the one who said that.

Then, he had to reply with: "Sure. Do you know any around here?"

Youthful ignorant me responded with: "There's a nice one near here."

It wasn't unexpected when he said: "You've been there before?"

I couldn't help but smile in an almost teasing manner. "Why? Jealous?"

"You haven't." I don't know how he does it, but he always manages to catch me in the act.

That's the terrifying part of Marcelo. He's good at analyzing others - much too good.

And that makes me think, maybe I'm already caught without knowing it.

Marcelo grabbed my hand and supported me out of the limo. His large coat hangs over my shoulders. My coat wasn't enough to keep in the warmth.

The limo driver rolls down his window, "You're in high school," he says. "It's better to get your guardian's consent before doing anything reckless."

It's easy to see it. The driver is a hunter.

I gave him a tight grin, "Don't worry," I said. I lean downward, "We're only having sex."

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the response he expected after giving us thoughtful advice.

The driver shook his head, "Youngsters. I don't even know why I try. They never listen." He rolled up the window and drove away.

I turned my heels and made my way towards the hotel. One step. Two steps. Up the stairs and into the glass door. When I didn't hear any footsteps, I stopped at the last step. Marcelo was still at the bottom of the stairs.

The wind caresses his hair, but there weren't any emotions on his face. There wasn't any happiness or regret. The more I look at Marcelo, somehow, the more handsome he becomes. Initially, I thought he was already good-looking, but now for some unknown reason, I can't look away from him.

The soulmate bond shouldn't have affected me.

Many people who are mated to werewolves had said they felt this spark when they first met them.

Humans who aren't mated also claim the same thing.

This spark.

For me, this so-called spark is a physical attraction. Perhaps, that's the reason why werewolves are so much more appealing to the eyes than an average human. They're sculpted that way to attract their mates.

To create that spark.

But, eventually, the spark will wear off.

And what do you have left?

What's behind the physical appearance?

Maybe, that's it.

Him.

I kind of like him.

His sarcastic humor.

His fake persona.

His immature smirks.

His know-it-all attitude.

Just a bit.

I like him only a little bit.

I'm pretty sure he feels the same way about me.

"Are you coming?" I ask. "Or are you afraid?"