XXVII. Sup

"Sup."

"Sup," I responded.

Marcelo's eyes went around the room.

"Sup," Brenda says.

"Sup," Brian follows.

"Sup," Eric said.

The four of us stood in my bedroom. We all stare at each other.

"Why are they here?" Marcelo wasn't afraid to ask that question out loud.

I smile, "They're here because they kind of know now."

"Oh."

Someone knocks against the door. I walk over and open it to see my mom. She smiles with a plate of fruits. "Well, look at this. How nice."

She barges in without my approval, but if I mention how it's my bedroom, she will go all crazy.

"You know-" she puts the plates down, "back in my days. You would never see this type of situation."

We all stare at her.

"You know, a hunter and werewolf being in the same room without trying to claw each other face-off." She laughs, but when no one laughs with her. The atmosphere got heavy. "I mean, that was back in the day." She looks at Marcelo, "We're much more inviting nowadays. I mean, our territory isn't open, but it doesn't mean-"

"Mom," I said.

"Right. I will leave you all with some privacy. So, what are you all doing?" She says she will leave us with some privacy, and then she asks what we will be doing. I don't know if I should laugh or cry in this type of situation.

"An orgy," I said in the calmest voice.

Mom giggles, "Well, use condoms!" She knows I'm not serious.

"Mom." I close my eyes, "Please. Leave before I'm friendless."

"Aw. Alright." She left the room.

"Your mom is nice," Marcelo says.

I exhaled heavily before I locked the door and then headed towards the attic. When I pull down the stairs, Kai hops down with a large smile. I don't remember the last time he left the attic except when he needed to use the bathroom.

Marcelo and Kai made eye contact. Kai bows, "Alpha."

"Wow," the three other mouths. They exchange looks, silent words. Then, they bow, "Alpha."

Clearly, they're not afraid to die tonight.

Marcelo snorted, and a smirk-like feature made it across his face. He sat on my bed and raised a single foot above his thigh, "Peasants. You may now kiss my feet."

I don't know how Marcelo does it.

How he's able to switch his personality so swiftly.

It's so amazing that it scares me slightly.

Kai puckered his lips and went for Marcelo's socks. I grab him by the shirt and pull him back, "He's joking."

Kai looks at Marcelo.

"I'm joking," Marcelo says.

"Oh."

"Oh. What the hell." Eric went on his knees.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"The guy is an alpha! He's rich! If he's willing to throw a few thousand this way, I'll kiss anything he wants."

Marcelo withdraws his feet, "No."

"A few hundred?"

"No."