~Day in the Life~

My POV

Today is just like any other normal day.

It starts with Jay stretching his arms as he slowly opens his eyes which automatically landed at the wooden crib laying on the foot area of their bed, and observed that Sieg is still peacefully sleeping. He then sleepily stared at the ceiling of their room for a bit before searching for his phone which is placed on top of the bedside table. He opened it only to check on the time, and it says that it's 6 in the morning. Jay put down his phone back on top of the drawer and turned to his side only to see his pregnant wife sleeping with her mouth slightly opened. He chuckled at the sight, brushing off the hair strands that is covering her bare face before tracing her face using his finger, from her forehead to the tip pf her nose then her lips. He then pressed his lips on her forehead. Jay touched her slight bump, a pair of arms wrapped around his waist.

"What time is it?" Lein groggily asked.

"Early pa ma, sleep ka pa" Jay whispered softly and earned a nod.

Lein pulled her husband and burried her face on his chest. Jay rubbed her back up and down until he feels her breath slowly calmed down. He carefully raised her arms and sat up before replacing his body with a pillow. After making sure that the preggy was asleep, he stood up and stretched his arms then walked to check his son's diaper, as if it was a routine he placed a changing mat on the carpeted floor and carefully carried Sieg. Every move must be diligent, to avoid him from waking up. After finishing everything, he placed a kiss on the boy's forhead before he lay him down in the crib and proceeds on going out of their room, holding his phone and the worn diaper.

He went to the kitchen and caught Maymay fixing Sieg's milk bottles.

"Good morning May, aga mo ata ngayon?" He askee as he throws the diaper on the trash bin and get himself a galss of water.

"Ewan din kuya, basta nagising na lang ako" Maymay laughed

"Tulog pa yung dalawa, ano kaya masarap na breakfast?"

"Kuya may bacon, tocino, longganisa at hotdog pa diyan sa freezer. Tas may itlog pa naman sa ref. Sabi pala ni ate kagabi gusto niya ng yogurt at fruits ngayon kuya. Si Sieg po pancakes po ang nasa meal plan niya for today" she detailed amazingly but not to Jay, he was used to it ever since he hired her as his son's babysitter when he needed to go back to work.

"Ok pancakes, strawberries and bananas for Sieg. Yogurt, oats, and strawberries for Lein. Pandesal with egg and coffee satin" Jay and Maymay laughed. Maymay then left the kitchen and started segregating the clothes that needs to be washed.

He prepared the yogurt and oats first, before washing the strawberries and put in the fridge together with the unpeeled banana. Then he prepared the pancakes using the breastmilk as the liquid ingredient, a small amount of sugar and butter, 1 egg, cup of flour then mixed.

On the other side...

Lein woke up with the sound of Sieg whining. She sat up sleepily and crawled to the foot of their bed. She forced her eyes open, to see that her son might be having a nightmare. 

"Anak bakit po? Shh tahan na, mommy is here" she huskily speaks as she kneeled on the bed and carried the boy out of his crib as they transfer to their bed.

She lied him down and comforted him by rubbing his back, Sieg fell back to sleep while gripping on his mommy's sleepwear and other palm over her baby bump. Lein rubbed her eyes, finally waking up and grabed her phone from the bedside table. She saw that it's 6:40 in the morning. She proceeded to scroll on her social media before deciding to get up and look fer her husband.