~Complete?~

My POV

They settled Lein in the labor room while checcking her from time to time. She's been staying there for 3 hours now.

"N-nurse ang sakit p-pwede ko ba papuntahin y-yung asawa ko dito?" She managed to speak while lying on her side, enduring the contractions.

"Sure, wait let me call him." The nurse smiled at her after checking her IV.

Minutes after the nurse left her husband came in with a worried face.

"Pinatawag mo daw ako, ma?" He said while frowning.

Lein nodded and held his hand. "Sakit na, pa. A-akala ko mas madali pag p-pangalawa na- ughhh" she groaned and bit her lower lips.

Her hairline is now covered with sweat, as she grips the pillow whenever a contraction is hitting her. Jay doesn't know what he can do to ease the pain, he was in the chapel when the nurse called him, he was praying for her safe delivery and a healthy baby.

"Sorry, love. I can't do anything" he confessed while drying the sweat on her forehead using a handkerchief from his pocket. He also let Lein grip his hand, he thought that maybe he can help her endure it with his hand being a stress ball.

After 10 minutes a nurse went in...

"N-nurse, hindi pa ba siya lalabas? F-feel ko kasi may napush na ako" Lein said, which shocked Jay because she wasn't saying a word she just keeps on changing position and keeps on groaning the past 10 minutes

He saw the nurse peeked through the blanket. Then her eyes enlarged.

"Mukang may na-push ka nga mommy, we'll tranfer you to the delivery room na" the nurse calmly said and started to move the bed to the delivery room.

Jay was left in the labor room while looking at Lein being rolled.

He saw that she was moved on the delivery table while still groaning, he can see it on her face that she's getting tired. Jay was too drowned in thought when he didn't notice that a nurse went out to the door and is calling him to come inside. He wore the things to protect the patient from bacterias then went to Lein's side.

"Pagod na ako, pa" she breathed.

"Konti na lang, ma. Makikita na natin si kinkin" he said and kissed her forehead.

"Ok mommy we will now start pushing the baby, ok? I'll count to 10, while counting breathe then you push as hard as you can." The doctor informed, then she started counting.

"Aghhhhhckkkkkk" Lein bit her lowerlips and forcefully closed her eyes while gripping on Jay's hand tightly.

The doctor started counting once again. He was just there on her side, he keeps on kissing her hands that is holding his and her forehead. Lein gave 4 more pushes then the baby's head is out, another one to push its shoulders and finally... A loud cry of a baby echoed inside the delivery room.

"Baby girl Faulkerson! 12:46pm, October 16, 2021!" The doctor announced while raising a crying baby. A tear dropped from his wife's eyes and let out a loud sigh while looking at the newborn baby.

When the doctor raised the baby, Jay's heart started to beat fast, his world stops and everything around him was blurred except for the crying baby girl. He was like he fell inlove at first sight. It's like what he feels whenever he sees Lein smile, he hears her laugh, she kisses his lips, and when she tells him he loves her the difference is his hearts beats louder as if anyone in the room can hear it.

He saw that the doctor put the baby on top of Lein's chest and the baby started to calm down, as if she found comfort and felt safe when she and her mother's skin touched. He looked at Lein and she looks like as if all or her exhaustion was washed away when she saw their daughter.