Chapter 3

It was early in the morning, around three when I left the hotel room and got back inside my car after throwing a tiny tantrum at the receptionist for the cold water in the shower as if it wasn't already cold enough in Thornwood. The lady got more terrified than I thought but she promised to fix the problem soon.

A tightness churned in my stomach the entire time I drove around Thornwood. The town was bigger than I thought. Where I decided to stay was just a part of it.

No one in the town seemed to be worried about anything. Everyone was laughing, going on with their own day and it looked like they hadn't even given a thought about the dark creature outside the town.

My jaw hung open when I saw the clubs and bars bustling with wolves. The music inside them spread through for miles. I parked the car aside and decided to take a look in one of the luxurious clubs. It was going to be a lot easier if my prey was drunk. He wouldn't remember anything then.

After waiting in line for almost an hour, the bouncer at the entrance asked for my ID. My heart skipped a beat for a moment.

"I don't have my ID with me."

"Driver's license?"

I shook my head, "No. I came to party not to identify myself." I blurted out. It had almost slipped my mind that I needed a new ID card to do anything around here as my old one mentioned my old country and town address.

"I'm sorry, I can't let you in." The bouncer said while folding his arms across his chest.

"Why not?"

"You barely look like you're twenty."

I scoffed, "So? I'm turning twenty soon."

His brows furrowed and then he growled. "Out you go. Come back when you're of age." He stood in front of the door, blocking the way in till I left.

"Fuck. No." I cursed at myself for revealing my own age. "I'll be back and I'll destroy you." I threatened before walking away from the club. The entire thing was a waste of time.

The only clubs I ever went to were with my sister who always had some trick up her sleeve. It wasn't until today I realized that the age had to be above twenty-one to enter a club and I was still at the peak of nineteen.

I pursed my lips tight and by the hood of my car while glancing at the other clubs nearby. There wasn't a chance for me to get in—at least not this year or until I could scam out someone's ID and use it as mine.

While there were many wolves walking around, with their bare necks exposed to me, one certain man caught my attention. He had just gotten out of a bar, clearly drunk as his pulse was speeding and his eyes were upon me for more than just a couple of minutes. He laced his glance through my body and licked his lips.

I wanted to gag but my desperation advised me otherwise.

As I gave him the cue, he stepped away from the wall and approached me with nasty intentions. It was an aged man, looking for something good to end his night.

He eyed me with an eager look. "What is a pretty girl as you doing here all alone? Don't you have any friends?" He asked.

"Most of them left." I pouted before placing my leg over the other one. My skirt rode up, exposing my thighs.

"All alone?" He reached in closer.

"All alone." My eyes didn't leave him.

The old man breathed against my face, his every breath lacing with alcohol and nicotine. I turned my head as he lowered his hand to my bare thigh. His fingers slowly moved across my skin. I sensed his blood pumping and his heart racing furthermore upon touching me.

I assessed him for a second before I said, "It's too loud here. Let's go somewhere else." I wrapped my cold hand around his warm one and pulled him along with me into my car. He sat in without any hesitation as his visible bulge poked through his pants.

I stared at it for a minute before the hair over my skin rose and I shuddered in complete disgust. Desperate times. I had to fulfill my hunger or there was no way I could peel my eyes open tomorrow morning.

Poor me was starved.

I got back on the road while the man sitting beside me ran his hands through my legs and kissed my shoulders. He let out soft growls of pleasure and the more I drove, the worse it got. I turned away from his touches when I stopped in an empty, shadowed parking lot of the mall.

Upon slamming the brakes, the man jolted a bit forward. "Wow. You're in a hurry, aren't you?" He laughed while studying me.

I removed my belt and stranded myself over him, locking him underneath me. "Oh, I'm in a hurry—just for something else." I whispered as I tore the buttons of his collared shirt

He sat back, assuming he was going to go for a long ride. His eyes slowly shut closed but his hands continued to unravel through my skin, leaving no inch of my legs untouched. As soon as his neck became exposed, I bit down, hard and quickly before savoring every drop of his blood.

It wasn't a rogue. The man was a pack wolf and he tasted delicious.

He let out a few screams and using his hands, he tried to push me away but there was no stopping. The bulge underneath smothered itself down. Fear gripped him from all sides and as I continued to drink, he lost his senses.

Feeling guilty, I moved off and grabbed his face. "Hello?" He didn't wake up. "Come on. Don't act as if you're dead."

Checking up his pulse, I learned he was alive, just out of his senses because of the alcohol and the blood loss. I licked my lips and swallowed whatever was left of his blood before moving off his body and getting back on the driver's seat.

New energy pulsated through me, giving me life. My eyes opened up wide and my imbalanced vision finally became clear. I made a little sound of satisfaction before speeding out of the parking lot. The man's blood rushed through my veins. Heat surrounded me, warming the cold I had been holding inside for weeks.

When I saw an opportunity on an empty road, I opened up the passenger door and pushed the man outside onto the clear street where he'd wake up with no memories of what wrong happened to him. Nothing would happen either way even if he remembered.

He was drunk and high.

And no one knew which soulless vampire had entered the town of wolves.

Read up to chapter 12 on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr