Chapter 19

Bulging arms gripped me as I tried to flee from the horrible situation I placed myself in. A hand came around my throat swiftly and I gasped before melting into their embraces. Long fingers dug into my skin as I choked for breath. What was going to happen to me? They cornered me to the nearest wall and stopped me from running anywhere.

"What is the use of running now, Candy?" Knox breathed down my neck.

My eyes locked with Cain's who stood in front of me, his sharp cheekbones showing a structure of their own underneath the only light in the basement of the estate. His wide-set eyes flashed fury and revenge. They pierced straight through my soul without a warning.

I swallowed hard before breaking the tension in the air, "It's Candice." Not the best but it was the only best thing I could come up with in the midst of all the seriousness.

The grip on my throat only tightened, "We will call you whatever we want and as we wish. Do you understand that?" Knox asked, growling in my ears. His voice wanted me to submit but every inch of me refused to do so.

"My name is Candice." It was her—the brat I held with me. She was coming and taking over.

"Maybe I was right in punishing her. Someone needs to be taught manners, don't they?" Cain towered over me and grabbed my face in his hands.

My stomach lurched and my shoulders tensed, "Maybe I do." I hissed at their control, provoking them to the edge without knowing what was kept in the store for me. It was somewhat delightful to see them rattled up and angry for once. Maybe I was enjoying this a little too much.

Knox's hand left my throat and he went straight for my arms, holding them behind my back and restraining me. Before I could protest the terms of my punishment, I was taken into another room—the cellar where both brothers locked me in, without any escape and shackled me up as a prisoner that had done something terribly wrong.

Forced down on my knees, a fistful of my hair was grabbed by Cain. "Do you know what happens when a beautiful princess walks into the house of demons?" His eyes flashed.

Breathing hard, I whispered, "She dies?"

They couldn't be talking about me.

Knox kneeled and placed his warm hand over my thigh, "Oh, no. She gets fucked. Your first mistake wasn't coming here and listening to what you shouldn't be listening to. It was coming into this town and we are going to make sure you are equally paying for all the trouble you have caused me and my brother." He grinned, running his fingers in circles around my thighs before moving his hands deeper and applying pressure against my sex.

I grew hot and wet immediately even though I had just recovered from a soul-crushing climax.

I looked down at him with surprise, "By all means, go ahead. I won't ask you to stop." I replied, sharing the same cocky, arrogant smile with him and Cain and ignoring the chill that had just sped through my spine.

They shared a look with each other before releasing me all at once. I grew curious and impatient when they turned their backs on me and did nothing. Tension swelled inside me when they turned around. Their faces gleamed with evil as they approached me. It took me a second to understand what was happening and when I did, every nerve inside me trembled along with my body.

"That is not a punishment. It's going to be torture." I whispered as my teeth gritted against each other. My senses heightened, taking in the scent of the blood that spread around the room. It was strong, delicious, and definitely going down my throat.

I pulled my shoulders back and shuffled against the chains that were holding my hands together but there was no avail in freeing myself from them. They were made out of metal, hard to break, even for vampires. Cain reached me and opened his fist where his blood oozed out. I took in a heavy breath and looked away in order to control myself.

"Do you want it?" He asked.

I snapped my head at him and nodded, "Yes. Please?"

"Do you think you're ever going to get it?"

"Yes. Please?" I fluttered my lashes, hoping to deceive him one more time. "I haven't had anything since years..." I sighed and gave my head a shake to move the hair aside from my face. The blood—so close yet not inside me.

Why?

Cain stretched his hand and neared it to me. Saliva built up inside my mouth and I crouched forward to take a drop of his blood, he closed his fist and moved back. My hunger clawed at me, scarring my throat and chest. I swayed forward with the help of my knees but was denied again.

"Don't do this."

The brothers circled around me as animals. Knox placed his hands over my shoulders and leaned inward to watch the dire need of blood and hunger displayed over my face. He laughed and cackled at my vulnerability. "Why not?" His hand stretched around my neck as he raised my hand. His lips brushed against mine but I slammed my mouth shut to resist the urge.

I closed my eyes and listened closely to the sound of the blood dripping from Cain's hand and onto the floor when it could have gone in me and fulfilled my hunger for days.

"I'm starving." I glanced at Knox, hoping he'd understand as he had a little bit less control than Cain had. He was easily fooled and I had learned his weaknesses—at least one of it. Tears. They didn't dare to leave my eyes even when I tried hard as my attention was only upon Cain's blood and nothing else.

"You should starve." He ran the back of his hand across my face, caressing and torturing me at the same time. They both were sadists. "I'll only ask you this one more time and if you answer correctly, you'll be granted with blood and freedom," Knox said, voice cold and thick. "What are you doing here?"

I sighed, "My family was attacked—"

"Yes, yes, we have heard that sob story a thousand times. What's new?" He pressed his thumb deeper into my cheeks and interrupted me. "What were you doing by spying on us?"

"I wasn't spying, I promise. I only came to ask about my sister. She was worried about me and she wanted to come here to see me." I wriggled and leaned back against his legs while answering him in all honesty.

That was all.

Nat and I didn't have any great plans to begin with. We were only looking for someplace safe in this world—for us and our family.

"Another vampire?" Knox turned his eyes on his brother who's blood drove me to insanity.

"Not another one," Cain growled in response. "It's difficult to deal with one. We can't have another one roaming around and threatening our wolves—"

I cut him off, "We aren't going to—"

"Don't interrupt me," He snapped, gaze rounding at me. "Ever again."

"I'm sorry."

A second later, he offered me his blood that continued to ooze out of his hands endlessly. Silence fell into the room. No one spoke. I glanced down at the blood—sweet and devouring, my stomach rumbled and then I looked away. "I don't want it anymore."

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr