Chapter 14

The twins were trapped.

It was forever before Cain's heavy footsteps left the ground I was in. He left the door unlocked and I took my chance and followed him outside, wanting to see what he'd be doing or who he was going to snap at after he realized I couldn't be controlled, by him or his brother. He seemed pretty concerned after learning my intentions.

I headed down the hallway, copying Cain's steps and grasping onto every wall of shadow I could find whenever he stopped for a second. He stormed right into the same room from last night, the lounge area, where Knox still was. The door slammed shut hard but I stuck right against the wall, pressing my attention and mind to every word that was going to be uttered among them.

"Woke up on the wrong side of the bed, brother?" Knox questioned, chuckling at his state.

"She's not a vampire, she's a fucking succubus!" Cain yelled with anger flooding into his voice.

"Oh, you fell too?"

"Too hard." He growled, hitting a wall.

I held my chuckle back and continued to hear them argue about me to each other. It was fun. After all the gloomy days and nights of constant running and fleeing, it was finally great to dissolve into some reality and play a little. Not like it was harming anyone except for the Alpha's that controlled Thornwood and let no one in.

Maybe they deserved it a little bit.

"We have to fucking get rid of her." Cain said.

I rolled my eyes. As if it hadn't been discussed a thousand times already. Why couldn't they let me stay? Not here but back in my hotel where all my things were and which I had paid for. I could stop troubling them and I could also promise to only feed on a few, certain people at certain days. Coming here gave me a turning point in my life and I simply didn't want to leave and return to danger.

Who would want that?

"Yeah, the last time we tried that she began weeping and you know I've a weakness for women who cry in front of me." Knox blurted out.

My eyes widened in shock before I smiled at myself for learning another weak point of the Alpha's. He literally poured it right onto my hands.

"Maybe we can kill her?" Cain suggested, minutes after I had pleased him. So much for nothing. "But we wouldn't want attention from whatever clan she came from and since she only prefers a wolf's blood, I can only assume who her forefathers are." He continued, still sounding frustrated.

"Let's deal with her later. We have important things to attend to, Cain and we cannot lose focus, not for a goddamn vampire."

As they continued to chatter among themselves, I wandered away as the subject became boring as I was no longer being discussed. The several maids around the house gave me a wry, judgy look as I walked around them. The second I flashed my teeth, they stopped staring at me and left to do their duties.

I spent some time underneath the sun before returning to the room to get the phone and call Nat once more. She had to update me about Mom and Dad and I couldn't risk having her here, mingling around with me when the Alpha's wanted to kill me at the same time.

I stopped by the doorway and watched a maid poking her hands into the shelves where the burner phone of my escape was placed. "What are you doing?" I questioned, loudly, fearing the soul of her body.

She jolted back and pulled out her empty hands. "N—nothing."

"Get out of my room and don't come back here." I said, walking in and holding the door for her to leave. It took me a second to realize the woman was the gardener's lover and it was her burner phone that she had hidden in the guest room that was given to me.

Sweet.

"Sorry, miss." She scurried out quickly and never returned.

As soon as the unwanted maid was gone, I closed the door and ran to the shelves to get my hands on the phone. I remembered keeping it deeper inside one of the books and I found it right there, untouched by anyone. I scoffed and dialed up Nat's number.

"Hello, my beautiful sister." I said, holding the phone to my ears.

"What's wrong with your voice?" It was the first question she had in her mind.

I pressed my fingers against my throat. My grin faded as I brushed them across my skin. No. "I—I just have a sore throat." I replied, laughing softly.

"Since when do you get a sore throat? You're immortal, Candice, you don't get sick." The confusion in her voice grew.

I swallowed hard before clearing my throat, "Maybe I did—who cares? Did you tell Mom and Dad? What were their reactions?" I changed the topic as quickly as I could without hinting the fact that I had just slipped someone's cock into my mouth.

"I didn't. Not yet but I'm going to tell them soon. How are things there? Are you fine? You really don't sound fine." She ranted, worried sick about me and my immortal years living. She wasn't wrong. I placed myself in a deadly situation without taking in any of the horrible circumstances.

"I'm okay. And it's fine here. Nothing to be worried about!" I exclaimed, despite the fact a plan to kill me was probably in motion among the twins as I was speaking with my sister.

"Okay. I believe you. I've to run now, there is something going on here. I'll tell you the details later." She said, in a rush to leave.

"Of course! Goodbye."

"Goodbye, sissy."

After ending the call, I put the phone back between another set of books before walking back out of the room that still had been kept unlocked. Pints of blood were walking around me in their human form yet somehow, I wasn't hungry for it. Not anymore. Maybe I had filled myself up too much.

I placed my hand over the railing of the staircase and decided to spy on the twins for a few more minutes but instead, to my surprise, I faced someone else. The old man I had bitten earlier near the bar was taking a step upstairs when his eyes locked with mine. They snapped to red quicker than anything else and I ran for my life.

Read up to chapter 60 on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr