Chapter 33

A soulmate's mark.

It was shared by those who loved each other deeply and wanted to tie their destiny's together, forever. It was a crucial mark. I called it madness. Once marked, the couple could never be separated as their strengths and weaknesses were bonded and their souls were tied by the unseen. It couldn't be undone. It couldn't be changed. It was going to stay forever, and the bond was only going to get stronger with every second passing by.

I stepped inside the washroom. The golden lights flickered over my head as I tucked my hair over my shoulders and a few strands behind my ear. Glancing at the mark, I tried not to cry or break down immediately. It was there.

Natalie wasn't wrong.

One of the twins had marked me.

Encountering them was great, all the time we shared was thrilling and for once, I felt pure excitement. It felt like I was finally out in the world, doing things a nineteen-year-old should be doing—playing around, having fun, getting injured. I felt no hesitation giving my virginity to Cain earlier and the little guilt I had was also gone.

It was all amazing, but I didn't want to tie my soul to another.

Not now.

Not ever.

A tear fell from my eye, and I sobbed before wiping it away. The mark was in a shape of canines, penetrated deep my skin. It left a deep, red wound and the mark ran all the way back to my neck. It was tender and painful upon touching but I didn't care about the pain. I cared about the mark—the mark one of the twin wolves had given me.

Not even a vampire.

I was going to be ashamed by my clan for the rest of my life if I returned home with a wolf's mark over my body. People were going to turn their heads away from me. They'd find me disgusting. My parents—they would simply kill me for bringing shame to them.

My head tingled with pain and a rush of fiery rage spread through my body like never. Every vein in my body pumped hard. Crushing my breath back down my throat, I stomped out of the washroom and sped across the house, finding the twins. They couldn't do this to me. They couldn't force their mark upon me.

I understood they were playing a game—so was I but it went too far when one of them decided to mark me, without my agreement. My soul couldn't be tied to theirs. My chest heaved as I roamed around the estate and searched for all the floors.

I stopped by a window in the hallway and decided to take a breath while my eyes lingered outside, seeing the long driveway. They weren't home earlier but they were here now. A car drove through the lane and stopped near the majestic entrance of the estate. The men who's touches and kisses drove me out of my senses stepped out of the car and headed in.

I took my time to control my reeling emotions. I was furious. But what could I do now?

The whispers of the twins talking to someone near the entrance reached to my ears and I headed downstairs, all prepared to ruin their lives as they intended on doing with me.

The floor flooded with my raging voice as I spoke, "Who dared to mark me?" I raised my finger to Knox, seemingly handsome than ever. I had an idea it was him as he was much more obsessed with killing me in different forms and ruining every chance of my happiness. He was the one behind depriving me of blood, punishing me couple of times and driving me crazy.

But, Cain.

He was the master behind all the plans. If it weren't for him trapping me on that certain evening, I wouldn't have been here.

I turned my eyes to him, "You marked me, didn't you?" Enraged, I stepped closer, and my jaw clenched tight while my hands turned into fists. I was ready to attack, to tear both of them down into a thousand pieces and then celebrate while they died.

Cain moved his hands behind his back and leaned over me as he was dealing with a little child. His lips curled into a wicked smile, and he admitted, "Yes, I did. What are you going to do about it?" When he blinked, his lashes fluttered with confidence.

The confidence and the manliness wore of his face when he noticed my eyes growing dark and my skin turning evil with anger. He straightened back and when my hands reached for him, he grabbed them and pushed me.

"You think you can do something, darlin'?" He grabbed my wrist and held it over my head. "Try preserving your power. You don't have much left."

I dipped my claws into his hands as they restrained me tight. The pain bought no affect to him. He held onto my gaze, staring deep into my soul. A tick ran through my body before I breathed and drew back. For a second, the anger buried itself inside me. He used the power of his mark and forced me to submit even when I didn't want to.

"Why?" My chest grew tight. "I don't want to be marked by anyone."

"Too late for that, isn't it?" Cain rubbed his jaw and stepped away from me.

Knox moved and came near me. He stood inches away from my body. There was no confusion in his eyes when I told him about the mark. It meant they had planned it together. But I could only be marked by one of them. My body wouldn't be able to bear marks of two strong Alpha's.

His gaze clouded and he lifted his finger before brushing my hair away from my face. Breaking his silence, he finally said, "We like who we can control."

I shook my head, "You'll never be able to control me."

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr