Chapter 46

A/N Chapter 45 was mixed with Chapter 46. Chapter 45, the previous to this one can now be read. 

Chapter 46

I finally managed to give it a thought after returning to my room. It was a small room given to me where I could keep some of my clothes and sleep in. They were greedy in giving me anything good and this was my one chance to get anything I wanted. But it was going to be traumatic to see the face of the dark creature again and again until their weapon could be restored.

It had to be the same weapon Natalie mentioned. She knew the secrets of this town.

I rang her up. It had been more twenty four hours since she left the town and took the long route back home. My heart raced and beat hard along with the sound of the ringing while the call was waiting to be accepted. The ringing continued for a few seconds more before Natalie's voice screeched in my ears and my lips curled into a smile.

"Hello!"

"Hey, hey," I narrowed my eyes to the wooden flooring before taking steps inside my room. The door was closed. I had been given the privacy I wanted. "How are you? Did you reach home?" I bombarded her with a dozen questions without taking a breath. My only concern was my sister and my family who I could never see in harm's hand.

"Yes, yes, I reached a while ago. Everything is okay here. Dad did a private charter so I got here a bit quicker than usual. But they both are giving me the silent treatment—I suppose it has to do with you not coming back." She said, making me feel slightly guilty about not returning but she quickly covered it up. "But it's okay. It was your decision and we couldn't force you."

"Thank you and I'm so happy you're home." I whirled around the room while my face glowed up with cheer. She had risked her life by leaving and coming to me, I was glad she was finally back in safety and with her parents.

"Yeah, I'm too but I'm missing you, little sister. It's not the same here without you." Sighing, she spoke in a low, gloomy voice. "We had great times together here and every time I wake up, I wish to see those times again. I wish for you to come home one day."

"And I will. Soon." I promised her.

We spoke for a while more before moving back to our different paths. Once the call came to an end, the answer came to me. I wanted to do it—I wanted to help the twins, not because they were going to give something to me in return but because I wanted see Natalie and my parents soon. I wanted them to be free of worries and I wanted myself to be free of worries. I wanted this all tension to come to an end and if there was a chance too, I was going to take it.

Leaving the room, I went back downstairs to last where I had seen the twins. I had asked them for time and they had granted me with some distance. My eyes searched around the kitchen and then the rest of the estate. I couldn't find them. Were they gone? It had been less than an hour. Where would they go?

Warmth covered me when I entered the forbidden library that seemed to be off limits most of the time. The hardwood underneath creaked and bounced while I took careful steps into the dark room. My eyes snapped toward the moving figure near the window.

Cain.

He faced the bright ray of sunshine streaking in front of the window with a glass in his hold. His eyes were a honey shade of brown and for a second, I stopped completely and froze. My body paralyzed. Nerves inside me shambled and I couldn't help but feel it—the mate bond. The mark on my neck throbbed. Another anguish.

I snapped out of my thoughts upon finding Knox walking beside him. They both were quite, thinking and plotting.

I broke my silence and said, "I want to see the weapon."

Their heads turned, surprise spread over their beautiful features and concern tightened around their eyes as wrinkles appeared underneath them. They were expecting me to come to a conclusion so quick.

"Why?"

I cleared my throat, "I want to know if it's real." I wasn't willing to put my life in danger without knowing that the weapon to end the dark creature existed. They could be bluffing just to kill me. Who knew?

It was odd that I had found myself tied between two brothers who did nothing except for order around. Their lives were deeply concerning. They slept with the same woman—before me and also me. They ruled a town, they were werewolves that barely ever shifted and they were always hiding a secret. They weren't married nor they had a girlfriend. They parents were probably six feet under the ground and they had no friends. They had an uncle who found his life purpose to harass me and that was all.

Who were they at the end of the day?

"It's real." Knox said, clicking his eyes to mine. "And we can show you." He shared a look with his brother before walking toward me and leading me out of the room.

When I glanced down at his veiny hand holding mine, amusement spread over my body instead of concern. A spark struck deep in belly. I wanted them both. It was such a great feeling I could no longer deny. The same young girl who had never held a man's hand now wanted her both hands to be held.

Knox traced his fingers in my palms and I tried to keep my thoughts straight.

When I sneaked over my shoulders, I found Cain following us.

They had been nothing but evil to me since I stepped here but as time was passing by, they were becoming kinder.

Were they growing feelings? Or was it just me?

We headed down the stairs and into the basement where I had been brutally starved once after hearing a conversation between the twins and their pack members. They had to be the pack's council and then, they were hiding a secret.

The weapon was the secret.

My mind clicked onto something and suddenly, everything made sense.

I heard a click before the door to an old room was opened. Knox pushed the door and walked in while leaving my hand. Cain placed his hand over my back to take me inside the room. My breath dropped as I stepped in.

The room was dark and only lit with a single light that fell straight upon the ancient sword that was dipped inside a big stone with cracks spread all around it's surface.

It was utterly silent down here. The only thing I could hear was the sound of my heavy breathing ringing in my ears. I felt a strange push toward the stone as if it was pulling me in.

"This is the weapon." Knox presented with his hand. His finger moved across the pommel of the sharp-edged sword. There was a narrow hole in the middle with a marking around it. "The gem belongs here." He continued. "But the sword won't accept the gem unless it has it's powers."

"So the sword can't be used?" I questioned while folding my hands over my chest.

"Not yet," He narrowed his eyes to the sharp blade of the sword. "It's tip can't be pulled out from the stone unless the gem is in place. Trust me, we have tried it. It needs the power from Bixpaite to be used."

I nodded while listening to him. They weren't lying. The sword was a magnificent piece and something I had never seen before. I traced my finger across the hilt and glared at the markings for a minute before turning my head to the twins.

"Fine. I'm in."

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr