Chapter 30

CHAPTER 30

Lillie

Arthur smirked at my shyness, giving his usual sexy wink.

"Come on in," he said with a nod, while carrying the tray.

I stepped inside the apartment as I watched Arthur place the lasagna on a dining table. His apartment was huge, refined, and spotless, with a quite a few rooms, for a bachelor. That reminded me, I never asked what else Arthur does besides playing the cello. Beautiful painted portraits hung, giving the white walls a pop of colour. He had an impressive kitchen on the left, a living room area, a television lounge, and a few other rooms, which I presumed were bedrooms.

"You got a pretty huge place." I called out, clutching my arms tight around me.

Arthur walked towards me, a mischievous grin on his handsome face.

"I like space," he said smoothly. "I got this apartment at a bargain and had to take it. I get claustrophobic in smaller places."

I had to fight the urge to not ogle at his naked chest and focus on his eyes. And oh, his eyes were just as mesmerizing. Ocean blue gazing softly at me. I could drown in them.

He hugged me, warming my awkward exterior. I hadn't realized how rigid and stiff my body was. He noticed my rigidness and caressed his firm hands up and down both my arms, trying to loosen me up. I instantly melted into his warm touch.

He moved his arm and placed his hand at the small of my back and led me to the living room, where his large wooden cello sat upright.

"You look very pretty in pink today, Lillie," he said, smirking. My name on his lips sent me in a haze.

"Thanks, you look -" But I blanked. I honestly didn't know what to say. Handsome? Sexy? Chiseled? Hot? Naked? I wasn't sure. I ended up blinking at Arthur like an idiot.

He chuckled. "I suggest we practice first, then dinner and relax for the rest of the evening?"

The rest of the evening? I swallowed hard.

"That's sounds perfect." I eventually said.

I followed Arthur with my violin case in hand.

We played each musical piece that was included in the concert, and it sounded good. He's deep luscious sound blended perfectly with my delicate sweet one. It was a perfect combination, sweet and subtle. I couldn't help but think Arthur and I were similar to the music, a perfect blend.

After a while, we ended up at the dining table, having supper. The conversation flowed back and forth until the lasagna was half eaten. Arthur popped another bottle of red wine.

"What do you do Arthur? Besides playing the cello beautifully," I said, taking a sip of wine.

The corner of his lips hiked up. "Would you believe that I'm an art valuer? I assess how much an artwork or antique is worth and how much it should be sold or insured for."

An art valuer? Now that I think about it, the position suits Arthur perfectly. Artistic and refined, just like him.

"No, I wouldn't have guessed that." I said, smiling.

Arthur's relaxed demeanor changed, and his smile faded. He suddenly looked more serious.

He came closer to me, moving his chair next to mine. He placed a warm hand on my hand. He's body inches away from me. He's still shirtless, mind you.

My smile faded too at his close proximity.

We sat in silence for a moment. My heart beating fast.

"You know Lillie, I really enjoy your company," Arthur said, his eyes lingering on my lips.