Chapter 65

CHAPTER 65

Dimitri

The half crescent moon peeked through the curtain, bringing a soft cool breeze that flooded the room. I turned on my side, to see not any woman laying next to me. My fingers ran through her soft brown curls. I touched her face, cheeks and outlined her light freckles. She looked peaceful, sleeping, with the light of the moon caressing her face. She was beautiful, dressed in her silk white gown.

The one strap fell, exposing slightly her breast. Her nipples peaked through, enticing me to bite them. All that was missing from this beautiful vision before me was her pretty hazel eyes, still closed sleeping, peacefully. I placed my hand on her body and felt her chest rise and fall, gently, softly, with the rhythm of her heartbeat. It felt great feeling her like this beneath my palm. And in this moment, she was mine. Lillie was mine once again.

And I was fucking happy!

She gently stirred as she fluttered her hazel eyes open, looking at me. Yes. The picture was complete. She smiled lazily, gliding a delicate hand across my face.

"Are you happy?" she asked.

I gazed at her. "You have no fucking idea, Lillie." I whispered.

I leaned forward and kissed her forehead, then her nose, and made my way to her soft lips. I kissed her hard and gripped her body against mine. Our bodies melted together in a warm embrace, and I never wanted to let her go.

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up, with a cold gust of wind that blasted through the window. The wind picked up and became violent, harsh as it whipped the bed covers off Lillie and me. I turned around towards the open window and saw a ghostly figure rising, coming nearer. I squinted to see what the fuck was it? But it came closer. A menacing laugh echoed around not in the room but in my head, chilling me to the bone. I strained to see the stranger in the dark, becoming clearer at every second.

"What do you think you're doing, boy?" he said darkly.

Big Ben was inside my room, looking bigger and ominous than ever. An icy chill ran down my spine. I reached for Lillie, wanting to protect her, but I felt her limp in my arms. I turned to see crimson blood on my hands, the bed sheets stained with blood.

Lillie's blood?

My heart stopped to search for any injuries on Lillie, screaming her name. But she didn't respond. I couldn't find any injuries, there were no bloodstains on her. I turned to see Big Ben laughing.

"Is it you or her? Who's it gonna be?" he asked.

The pain was unbearable... I screamed, cursed out!

I woke up upright in a cold sweat. I got up and walked to the kitchen to drink some water, rubbing my face hard with my hand. The nightmare still lingered, and I couldn't shake it off. I drank the cold water, cooling myself down. I walked outside and gazed over the balcony, reflecting on my dream or nightmare.

What the hell was that?

***

Later the morning, I went to the gym to blow some steam and to relieve the shakes that damn dream gave me. It left me feeling uneasy for the rest of the day. I tried not to think about Lillie if I could help it, but the dream felt so real. I hoped she was okay and safe. I wanted to reach for my phone and call her and make sure everything was good. But I stopped myself. I said I was going to stay away from her. Hearing her voice now would bring me back to that sweet spot, too much memories would come flooding back, making me sentimental as shit! I decided against it.

I walked through the gym sliding doors. It was packed this morning. Bodies breaking a sweat all around. I spotted Raf and walked up to him. He was at the weights section, pulling dumbbells. He was a tall fella and strong as fuck.

"Hey man," I said as we fist pumped.

"Hey, what's up?" Raf greeted.

It wasn't our training session, so I was just here freelancing. I sat opposite him, taking a weight and adding 25lbs to each side. I laid down on the bench press and pushed up. Raf stood above me and helped me along if I needed it.

I've come to know Raf pretty well over the past few months. He had a three-year-old son, and an ex-baby momma. He did pretty well in the boxing and MMA fighting arena, too. We had much in common since he served some time up in prison for petty theft two years ago. He became the only guy I could trust around here.

After ten reps, I ended up helping Raf with his weights. We talked about his troubles with his ex and how he plans to win her back. He wants to build his family again and regrets all the shit he'd put her through.

"Ever think what type of father you'd be if you had a son?" Raf strained out the words as he did his rep.

"Nah... not really. But if I had a son, I pray he doesn't turn out like me." I said with a weak smile.

"Why? You didn't turn out that bad." Raf said.

I chuckled. He has no fucking idea.

Raf stopped lifting weights, and we sat on the benches. I passed him a water bottle.

"Why don't you make it work with Roxanne? I see her hanging all over you." Raf continued.

I looked at him.

"Fuck no." I simply said.

Raf laughed out loud. "Why not?" he asked, confused. "I know she's a bit demanding, even so, it would be good for you to have someone having your back and she's hot as hell."

"I had someone that had my back," I murmured, not realizing I had said it out loud.

Raf raised his eyebrows. "Oh... who might the lucky lady be?"

I wanted to say her name to him, to make her real again. Like she existed in my world, that we existed together. But I couldn't bring myself to. What was the fucking point? It was over. Just a distant dream.

I shook my head quickly, dismissing the conversation, and stood up. Raf stood up, wanting to say something further.

"I take it you Bleeder?" a smooth voice of a woman said behind us.

I turned around to see the auburn-haired mystery woman I instantly recognized from the club, eyeing me through her dark shades. She still looked sophisticated in her black dress suit with high heels. She half smiled as she took me in.

"Can I help you?" I asked curiously.

She smiled and chuckled softly. "I believe you can."

"Look at me, where's my manners?" She continued as she walked up to me. I could see her features perfectly as she took her shades off. She was an attractive woman, her green eyes flirtatious.

"My name is Jessica Morgan, UFC Talent Agent." She said and extended her well-manicured hand.

I shook it hesitantly. "Dimitri Hawke." I replied.

Jessica smiled. "Yes, I know your name. I've been knowing your name a while now."

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh."

She smiled flirtatiously again. "I've been watching you Dimitri, and I like what I see. And when I like something, I usually get it."

I studied her further, taking in her words.

"If you want to make it big and advance your career in fighting, and you want to play against the big boys, I suggest you call me." She handed me a card, and I took it.

She placed the dark shades back on, veiling her eyes, and turned to walk away.

"I'll be watching you, champ!" She called out, not turning around. And with that, she left the building.