Chapter 37

CHAPTER 37

Dimitri

My clothes were all packed, ready to move to Lillie's place. I was only taking a bag of clothes and a toolbox. That was all I possessed. I was ecstatic to leave the half-way house and still couldn't fully believe that Lillie offered me to stay at her place for a while. Shock mixed with excitement washed over me. Staying with Lillie was a big deal, and I didn't want to fuck it up.

She offered me to sleep on her couch in the living room. I didn't mind at all. It's still an upgrade from the prison cell bunker bed and staying at the half-way house with a bunch of ex-cons. And besides, I would be with Lillie, in her house... the thought of her just sleeping above me in her bedroom upstairs.

I smirked at the thought, and desire creeped in me.

Fuck! this might be too tempting, the thought of Lillie so close all day and most importantly all night. I just hope I can keep my shit under control, or at least the shit in my trousers.

I blew out a long-suffering breath.

I headed out the door and locked the room. Gave the keys to the landlord and stepped out the half-way house to my truck. The light blue truck was old that I got next to nothing from the garage, but it got me where I needed to be. I tossed my toolbox and bag in the front seat with me.

As I drove, my thoughts snapped to my encounter with Roxanne at Trendy Tavern. Kyle thought it would be a good idea to invite her. He thought wrong! But I couldn't entirely blame him. He didn't know about my relationship with Lillie. Luckily, I decided not to stay longer at the bar and left in time, before Roxanne got all grabby and touchy, like she always did to get me in the mood.

Damn.

I didn't expect to see her. But she looked exactly how I remembered, confident, flirty and sexy as hell. But I couldn't see her in that way any longer. I had no desire for her. All I wanted now was Lillie. She got a hold of me like no other woman could. With Roxanne, it was all about sex. But with Lillie, it was something more, a deeper connection I'd never had with anybody before, and I didn't want to let it go.

I sighed and rubbed a hand over my head.

Staying with Lillie could be a new beginning, a new start in my life. I could build something with her... a future. I didn't know if she felt the same way about me.

Why would she?

I shuddered at the thought. I'm an ex-convict who she met from prison, a good for nothing who can only fight with his fists and has nothing to bring to the table.

But I'll fight for Lillie, I'll fight for her affections the best I can. If it's the last thing I'll do.

***

The warm evening had a clear dark blue sky, a break from all the rain. I grabbed all my bags and toolbox from my old truck and walked to the townhouse. I knocked on Lillie's door. She opened it up immediately after the first knock, anticipating my arrival. She had a gentle smile on her face and her eyes were bright to see me. Her light brown shirt matched her pretty eyes, with a black skirt and dark pantyhose. She was breath-taking beautiful, and I fucking melted inside. I returned her smile and followed her inside to the living room.

Lillie's living room was small and cozy, like the townhouse. There was a 3-piece dark green couch set that looked comfortable. A small wooden table in the middle and a large 3 plasma TV Screen hung on the front wall. I placed my bag of clothes and toolbox at the back of the middle couch, facing the TV.