Chapter 46

CHAPTER 46

Lillie

The next day was filled with chores I had neglected during the week. I folded and packed the clothes from the washing basket...my mind lingered to Dimitri's kisses and I shivered at the thought, but of course nothing happened further yesterday, Sassi totally killed the mood, and Dimitri and I only ended watching till episode 2 of Vampire Diaries before calling it quits for the day.

After I was done, I marched downstairs to the kitchen.

Dimitri came out from the bathroom, all dressed in casual wear. He looked handsome in his dark jeans and black shirt. He was clean shaven and smelled of smoky musk, utterly delicious. A tingle ran down my spine. It looked like he was about to go somewhere. I knew it wasn't the garage Dimitri was going to; it was his day off.

"Where you off to?" I asked, frowning.

He smiled mischievously, "Well Jose, wants to have a causal get together, to promote JD Autoworks, it's at some restaurant. He invited some people, a few customers, and said we could invite people too."

Dimitri smiled at me. "So, what do you say, Lillie?"

I was stunned. "You want me to come with you?"

Dimitri nodded. "Why not... we could make it a mini date."

I blushed and agreed to go with him.

***

We arrived at a place called Cheers Saloon. There was music coming from the back of the restaurant. I fixed my hair and applied makeup quickly in Dimitri's truck, using the vanity mirror. I didn't have enough time to do it properly at home, since we were in a hurry to get here. Once outside, I tucked in my white shirt into my jeans.

We walked into the open-planned restaurant that led to a huge outside area. The aroma of smoky barbeque hit my senses as the sound of something sizzling popped on a huge grill in the corner of the restaurant.

The place looked informal, people were scattered to the right and left of me. I was nervous, I knew no one. Dimitri held my hand and scanned the open area. He waved at a guy he worked with at the garage. We walked over to him and Dimitri introduced us.

"This is Ryder," Dimitri said to me.

I smiled and greeted him.

"So, you must be Lillie, Dimitri's talking about?" Ryder said.

I smiled as heat rushed to my face. What has Dimitri been talking about? I wondered.

I turned to Dimitri wanting to say something, but his attention was straight ahead towards the entrance. He pulled stiffly next to me, and his face tensed up. I turned to look in his direction, and my face suddenly fell, too.

Roxanne.

Dimitri's ex-girlfriend was suddenly here and another man I've never met accompanied her. He had short brown hair and wore a leather jacket and jeans. Gosh, I hoped it was her boyfriend. She caught Dimitri looking at her, and my heart constricted.

Great! this is just what I needed to see right now.

Roxanne smirked, she wore a black leggings with a green top, her long black hair parted to the side, she slithered her way up to us walking one stiletto heel in front of the other with her hips swaying in tune. She gave a fake lash look that burnt into Dimitri as she approached.

Dimitri turned away and breathed in deep as she stood in front of us.

"Hey lover," she purred at him. She looked at me in disdain as her smirk faded, eyeing me up and down. I stiffened at her cruel look, and insecurities crept in.