In Love with a Criminal! Chapter 58

The final part of Letters to Inmate 29901. 

CHAPTER 58

Dimitri

Pure, unadulterated anger.

It poisoned my blood as it ran through my rigid body, burning my skin.

My sights were on Big Ben. The bastard that took everything away from me. It felt like a lifetime ago since I lost Lillie, the woman I loved, yet only two hours went by since I left her in her driveway.

That's all I felt surging through my veins, her pain-stricken eyes. Rage spread through me like a disease as I walked up to the Velvet Room club, the pistol in my right hand loaded and ready.

This had to end, one way or another. Violence is the only language Big Ben and his goons understood, then violence what he will get.

I walked up, seething to the club. The two big bouncers saw me approach. The bearded one stomped out his cigarette with his foot and the other bouncer stood up from leaning against the wall.

The bearded bouncer narrowed his eyes at me. "Where do you think you going-"

A punch to his face from my balled-up fist stopped his sentence midway, knocking him right back on his ass. The other bouncer was taken off guard as he witnessed the lethal punch. He came lunging towards me. I blocked his grip and gave him a jab straight in the gut... twice. He fell to the ground, moaning in pain.

I hurled through the black heavy doors, closing it shut behind me.

There was light music that filtered through from above, as I inspected the so-called 'trendy club'. The Velvet Room was huge, with two dance floors, booths on both sides and a large bar in front. It had grey and purple exterior, with dance poles scattered on high tables. I knew Big Ben was probably in his office near the VIP section.

I made my way slowly up the steel stairs to the VIP booths that dripped with expensive purple velvet couches and silver tables. I heard voices and laughter spilling out of Big Ben's office to the right. My anger was at boiling point and couldn't wait to get the fuck in there. I barged into the office roughly, spreading the wooden doors to its sides, taking everyone inside by surprise except for the bastard himself. The gun in my hand, itching to be used.

My eyes glared at Big Ben, my chest heaving hard, in and out. He sat on a leather chair behind his huge mahogany desk. A few of his goons that were seated on the black leather couches stood up once they saw the pistol. Big Ben stared at me, with a smoking cigar in his mouth and a drink in his left hand.

His gaze dropped to my hand, holding the gun that tapped against my thigh. His narrowed eyes snapped up to me. Neither of us looked away from each other for moments.

A deathly silence hung in the air.

Gunner wanted to approach me, cursing under his breath. Two other men crept up slowly but were stopped by Big Ben, lifting his huge hand lazily up for them to back down.

"What do you think you're doing, boy?" Big Ben said cautiously.

My left eye twitched, so did my hand clutching the pistol. The nerve of this asshole. Did he conveniently forget what he just did to Lillie?

I hoisted my gun up, aiming for the fucker. Earning concerned looks from his men. My eyes were glued to the big bastard.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK BIG BEN?!" I yelled. "You mess with Lillie; you mess with me. I told you to stay the fuck away from her!"