Chapter 84

CHAPTER 84

Dimitri

The bruise on my chin was the only knock I endured. I'll probably feel it in the morning. I walked to the locker room, still high on adrenaline from the fight I just had. It was an easy win.

I groaned at the thought of fighting another fight for Big Ben. The fights became a drag now, and I didn't enjoy it or wanted to do as much as before.

Fuck, this had to end somehow. My best shot was the UFC.

I grabbed my gym bag and took out a towel and wiped the sweat from my forehead. I was glad I was alone. I liked it that way. I took out a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt, with sneakers. I threw off my fighting shorts, ungloved my hands, and dressed myself. I needed a good shower when I got back to Lillie. Hell, she could join me. The thought sent blood rushing to my groin.

"You did great out there." A woman's sultry voice called out in the empty locker room.

I turned around and saw Jessica Morgan standing in the middle of the room. Shit! I didn't expect to see her here. But her demeanor seemed slightly off.

"Am I not meant to do great?" I asked, pulling on a T-shirt, not before catching her gaze on my abs.

"You are a great fighter Dimitri." She said, sighing. "That's why what I'm about to say next is going to be difficult."

I frowned. Confused by her words. Alarm rising within me.

"I told you to stay out of trouble, Dimitri." She said sternly.

I creased my eyebrows, my mind racing. What the fuck is she talking about, or what did she mean? She raised an eyebrow and my face morphed as a realization dawned on my face. My mouth fell in disbelief.

I swallowed hard.

"We got an anonymous e-mail, with disturbing news... about you." she began, her arms folded over her shirt. "Someone pressed charges against you. They sent evidence too. He's charging you with First-Degree Aggravated Assault."

She looked at me, but my face probably confirmed it.

"This guy is just taking it out of proportion. It was a scuffle, and I retaliated when he made first contact." I said, knowing fully aware it was the truth, but I wasn't sure if I could say self-defense, being a pro combat fighter.

Jessica shook her head. "I'm sorry Dimitri, but having a criminal record and currently on parole was already a messy situation as is. Now a charge!"

"Alleged charge." I corrected her.

She sighed. "Maybe, maybe not. But right now, your UFC future is in doubt because of these assault charges. I'm sorry."

Jessica Morgan walked out of the locker room, leaving me reeling in my own thoughts.

Fuck!

Did that just happen?

Did she just come in and dropped the floor right under me?

I felt my dreams slipping through my fingers, a familiar feeling that always seemed to happen. I knew it was too good to be true. How can good things happen to me, anyway? I felt crushed. I felt disappointed in myself. I should have handled Arthur better; I knew the little shit would pull a stunt like this! Seeing him walk out of Big Ben's club and the weird ass text to Lillie; I knew the fucker had it out for me.

Well, good fucking job Arthur, you've done it. You got me good!

As I rubbed the back of my head, I blew out a hard breath. I tried to calm down my rising anger, but I couldn't contain it fully. I stood up, needing to let it out. My right hand curled into a fist and I swung it hard at the nearby locker, denting it with a hard thud!