Chapter 70

CHAPTER 70

Lillie

The people around cheered the Russian fighter's name. Dimitri was looking at me, right before he was knocked out. My heart was beating fast, and I didn't know how to slow it down, as my breath hitched up.

I saw Dimitri sit up, dazed, in the cage, rubbing his head and jaw from a short distance. It overwhelmed me to see Dimitri again, and under such circumstances. I knew he was a fighter, but watching him fight, and in a cage, was something else.

He lost the fight, after what looked like he was about to win, until he recognized Kyle and Sassi... and me? I didn't know. All I knew is that my heart was still beating at a rapid pace and the heat of this place was getting too much.

I had to get out. To get away from the crowd.

I asked Sassi to leave with me, and she did. I didn't know if I could face Dimitri again and wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. For all I knew, Dimitri didn't want to see me. He made it clear that we shouldn't from his last letter and didn't contact me again.

Sassi followed me until we were finally outside the sports building.

"Oh my gosh, did you see that?" Sassi said excitedly. "I've never seen anything like that before."

I shook my head. The night was cold, and I regretted not taking a jacket with me. I hugged myself, trying to keep warm in this tight plum dress. We waited for a cab and I couldn't wait to get back to the hotel. My emotions were running high, and I needed to come back down to earth.

Sassi was slapping on another shade of lipstick through her mini vanity mirror, when heavy arms fell on both our shoulders, slumping us down slightly.

"Hey girls, where you off too?" Kyle said in between us, his hands gripped on us tight. "The night is still young, and so are we." he grinned.

Sassi gave him a coy smile. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "I think it's time for us to go." I blurted.

"Bullshit." Kyle said as he looked at me. "You just running scared because you saw Dimitri... And by the look of things Dimitri might be running scared too, if the punch to the face is anything to go by." Kyle said laughing. "It seems like you still have a very huge effect on him."

My skin tingled, and a shiver ran down my spine. I still have an effect on him? Was that why he got knocked out? I shook the silly thought away.

"Or maybe he's just not that good of a fighter?" Sassi mocked.

Kyle snickered. He saw me pulling away from him, and he pulled me back under his arm.

"Hey hey, I thought you girls wanted a good time huh?" he said, pouting. "I can take you ladies out to a nice, classy club you'll both like?"

Sassi's eyes lit up. Damn, I knew she still wanted to go out, but did it really have to be with Kyle?

Sassi looked at me questioning.

"I don't trust this guy." I whispered to Sassi.

Sassi nodded her head and bit her bottom lip. Deep in thought.

"Will Dimitri be there?" she asked Kyle bluntly.

"Nah, I doubt it. He'll probably stay behind, licking his wounds," he replied.

"Okay, we'll tag along, check out the vibe of club and see if we like it or not." Sassi decided, fueling my uneasiness.

"Glad to hear it. Let's hail a cab." Kyle said and walked forward hollering for one.