Chapter 79

CHAPTER 79

Lillie

The sound of hooves trotted up the street. Dimitri turned his head to the corner of the park. To my surprise two horses pulling an open carriage came up, with a man in a black top hat driving it. My mouth was agape as Dimitri caught my reaction.

Oh my gosh, he was doing the most right now.

The carriage with two magnificent horses, one white and the other brown, straddled to it, ready to go wherever we were going. The man in the top hat looked straight ahead.

"Your carriage awaits, my lady." Dimitri said, opening the sleek black carriage door, gesturing with his hand for me to go inside.

I shook my head in disbelief. This was so sweet. I took Dimitri's hand gladly and climbed inside, trying to balance my heels. But Dimitri's firm grip helped me.

Dimitri climbed in next to me and closed the small door. The top hat man clearly knew where we were headed, because Dimitri and he didn't say a word.

I was smiling all the way like a stupid schoolgirl; this was all too romantic, and nobody had ever done something like this for me. My heart was popping cartwheels. Dimitri placed his hand over my shoulder and held me tight against him.

He smiled at me as I cuddled up to him. I breathed in his musky, masculine scent. It smelled like home.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" he asked me.

I nodded. "Yes, you're working for it, that's for sure." I said sneakily. "Hey, why did you write an apology letter to me? I thought you would call."

"I thought you would like the letter better. Since it's our special thing, you know." He replied and blushed a little.

Did I just make a combat fighter blush? Even though he acted like a tough guy, he could be sentimental.

I smiled. "Yeah, I know, I do prefer it. It's sweet and I can keep it forever."

"I know the last time we were in New York, it wasn't on the best of terms." Dimitri said solemnly. "I aim to change that tonight."

"Yes, I know. It didn't end up that great. And sorry that you lost your fight that evening." I said, touching his hand.

Dimitri sighed. "What can I say Lillie love, you a knockout!"

He chuckled and nuzzled his nose into my hair. "I hope you'll like your next stop. And I hope you're in the mood for something French."

I frowned, but was excited at the same time, as long as I was with him. Hell, we could get MacDonald's for all I care.

"I'll be perfectly happy with anything you have planned, Dimitri."

"So, strip club is good, then?" Dimitri asked, giving me a side eye.

My eyes popped open. "Okay, maybe not anything." I said, hoping he was joking.

He laughed deeply and shook his head.

The carriage was nice, bumping slightly against Dimitri along the way, wasn't too bad either. The carriage stopped near an array of restaurants. Dimitri got out and reached out his hand, helping me out of the carriage. I gushed. He was being such a gentleman, but I was loving every moment.

He grasped my hand and led me to a quiet French bistro, away from the buzz of the other rowdy restaurants. I looked up at the name in bold against a white sign.

Le Petit Paris.

An elegant-looking hostess dressed in a shirt and pencil skirt greeted us. Dimitri moved forward and spoke with the woman. She scanned over a page in a book and she led us inside. Dimitri gave a cheeky wink to me and I smiled.