Chapter 82

CHAPTER 82

Lillie

We stood in front of The Velvet Room club. Dimitri held my hand tight next to me. I could feel his trepidation, probably more for my sakes than his. Kyle disappeared behind the heavy black doors.

Dimitri turned to me. "You're sure you want to do this? There's still time to back out?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm okay. As long as we're together."

Dimitri clenched his jaw and gave a nod.

We entered through the doors, but Dimitri abruptly bumped shoulders with someone who had walked rapidly out of the club.

"Sorry." Dimitri said.

I looked at the man, and to both our surprises, it was none other than Arthur, who he had bumped into. Time stopped for a split second. Arthur gave an icy glare at Dimitri and looked at me just as bitterly, and he continued to walk on.

"Arthur? What are you doing here?" I said to him. But he didn't turn around, just kept on moving forward.

I turned to Dimitri, who looked just as baffled, but more concerned. "Let's go inside and get this over and done with." he said in an even tone.

"Why do you think Arthur was here? It doesn't make sense." I asked Dimitri.

"Who knows?" Dimitri sighed. "The guy looks like he's got it out for me."

I breathed out anxiously. But I couldn't let Arthur's presence hinder me from what I wanted to achieve today with Big Ben. I prayed for more nerve.

We entered inside the semi-dark club. No windows were present, and a few lights illuminated the place, giving it an ominous glow.

Kyle called us from upstairs. I remembered the VIP section from the last time I came here with him and Sassi. The club was sweltering and in full swing back then. Today it was empty and cold.

Dimitri walked up the steel staircase first, holding my hand firm behind him. My heart started to beat louder with every step, knowing I was about to face the man that hindered me and Dimitri's relationship, causing us heartbreak and pain. But Dimitri being close to me and my hand in his was comforting enough, and amazingly calmed me down.

Once on top of the floor, past the VIP section. We walked to the oak doors that were half-way opened. There were hushed talks behind them as we approached. Dimitri walked in first, and then I entered after him.

I glanced around the large office. Black leather couches were placed on both sides. A large lion's head was mounted up on the wall and a huge mahogany desk was in front, accompanied by a leather chair that seated a very large man with a shiny bald head.

Smoke circled above him as he smoked his cigar, that hung loosely in his mouth. He grinned at Dimitri and then his piercing cold eyes landed on me, standing behind him.

"Dimitri, my boy. Glad you could make it on such short notice." Big Ben gleamed.

"It's not like I had a choice." Dimitri murmured.

He scanned the two men on the left that was seated comfortably on the couch, one reading a magazine and the other watching the conversation. Kyle stood at Big Ben's desk on the right.

I inched closer to Dimitri, my face close to his shoulder. He purposely stood in front of me, shielding me from Big Ben. I inhaled his musky scent that gave me safety.

"You have a fight coming up in three days. Get ready and make sure you win." Big Ben said, his face turned to a serious mood. He looked behind Dimitri, shielding me from his sight. And he gave a sly smile.