Chapter 83

CHAPTER 83

Lillie

I woke up this morning with a splitting headache. It was already afternoon and it was still mildly there, nudging my left temple.

I went through yesterday's meeting in my mind, replaying the event. Big Ben's menacing smirk and cold eyes left me uncertain. And above all, how he wanted to keep Dimitri locked in his contract to continue to fight for him. I cringed. The nerve of that man!

He thinks he owns Dimitri. He's messing up his life and my life in the process.

I huffed in annoyance. But I didn't want to feel defeated. There was no way Big Ben was going to win if I could help it. I won't give up. We will fight through this. I still believed it would help if I loaned Dimitri my dad's money. I'm not sure how much Dimitri owed, but I was certain I could settle it for the time being.

I arrived at the guest house. I needed to pack my luggage since I was staying the rest of the week at Dimitri's apartment. I was happy about that, to be near him, to live with him again. To sleep next to him and wake up with him. It brought back fond memories. But there was always this dark cloud hanging over our heads that I knew was Big Ben now.

Anger gripped me again. And I didn't like the feeling.

I just have to persuade Dimitri to take the money and settle his debt once and for all. He was excited about the prospect of UFC, and we needed a new start from all this mess. His old life had to be gone... forever!

I opened the window of my room. And breathed in the fresh cool air. The afternoon sun was warm against my face, heating it up. It felt good as I basked in it. I told Dimitri I'll be back by tonight. He was training for the upcoming fight for the day, set up by Big Ben. I gagged at the thought of my poor Dimitri fighting for this asshole. But he wanted to prove himself to the UFC world. I was proud of him. He wanted to make it on his own.

I wasn't sure if I should make the move to New Jersey just yet. It was going to be a big change, a new state, a new school... I had to sort things out first.

I re-packed all my clothes and double checked I missed nothing. I placed my phone in my jeans pocket, grabbed my luggage and violin case, and checked out the guesthouse.

The taxi arrived on time and I couldn't wait to get back to Dimitri.

***

I entered the open planned apartment. The last light of sunset filtered through the large window, filling the place in a shadowy glow. Something smelled delicious as I walked through the living room, dragging my heavy suitcase behind me.

Dimitri came out of the bathroom, dressed in casual jeans and a grey tank top, his hair still damp from the shower.

"Hey you back." he smiled teasingly at me. "I thought I might have scared you off, and you ran away home."

"I'm not that easy to scare off." I said playfully.

Dimitri came around and helped me with my luggage. He walked over and placed it in the bedroom.

"Something smells tasty." I said, smelling the air. "Did you cook or something?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Would you believe me if I did?" he asked, a smirk on his sexy face.

"Nope."

Dimitri chuckled. "It's Chinese. I got takeout for us. It's here on the table."

I sat down on the hard steel chair with a soft cushion. Dimitri brought out two wine glasses and a bottle of white wine. He sat down and we both tucked in our egg noodle stir-fry and vegetable spring rolls.