Rainy days

I sat in class and looked out the window. It was raining lightly and I looked over at Tsuki. "Do you think the weather will clear up?" He shook his head and I scrunched my face up. The dismissal bell ring and we all walked to our lockers.

I left my books and walked out of school with Tsuki. It started pouring and I stood under the cover with him. "I brought my umbrella...we can share." Tsuki handed it to me and I smiled "Thanks Tsuki." I opened the umbrella and Tsuki took the handle. We walked home slowly and I looked over at him. "Youre shoulders getting wet."

I pushed the umbrella over to him more and he covered me up again. "I'm fine." He mumbled and I my hand under his. "Let me hold it." He seemed hesitant but he let go and I covered his shoulder. We walked quietly through the rain and I looked up at him. I smiled and I heard people walking behind us. "Can I hold your hand?" Tsuki asked and I paused "Oh uh, okay." I blushed a bit and switched the umbrella to my other hand. Our hands wrapped around each other and I put my head down.

I blanked most of the walk but I remembered the warm pressure of my hand, surrounded by cold wind. "Yams I'm getting wet." He pulled the umbrella back and I laughed awkwardly "Sorry Tsuki." We got to his porch and I closed the umbrella, handing it back to him. "No, yams keep it. You can give it to me tomorrow." I stumbled "Are you sure? I can just walk home in the rain."

He smiled and ruffled up my damp hair. "Take it, I don't want you getting sick." I scrunched up and took a step forward, placing my arms around him loosely. "Bye Tsuki." Tsukis heart raced in his chest and I rest my head against the pattering chest. "Are you nervous?" I mumbled and looked up at him.

He shook his head and I gently placed my hand on his heart, the skin beat against my hand and I bit the inside of my mouth. "I'm nervous too...but about silly things like holding your hand. You're probably thinking about when the right time to kiss me." I pressed my mouth shut and squeezed my eyes closed. "Wait, I mean...not that I'm even thinking about that. I mean I can barely hold your hand- I can't even think about kissing-"

I sighed and pressed my palms into my eyes. "Nevermind Tsuki." I mumbled and when I looked at him he just watched me carefully. "Um I was just excited to hug you." He whispered and his face turned all red. "I don't really want to kiss you, Atleast not yet." He rubbed his neck and I half smiled. I reached out for his hand and held it for a second. The door opened and his brother looked at us. Tsuki took his hand back and I smiled "bye Tsuki."I waved as I hopped down the stairs and walked home.