Overworked

I served another ball and it clipped the top of the net. I let out a breath and picked up another ball. The gym was dead silent beside my heavy breathing and I heard sweat drip onto the volleyball in my hand. I threw it up and hit it, hard.

It passed over the net and I dropped the ground. "Yes." I said quietly to myself and wiped the sweat off my face. The gym door opened against and Tsuki walked in. He gave me a sour look and I stuck my tongue out. "What's that for?" I smiled softly and panted, still trying to catch my breath.

The door stayed open after he walked in and I kept my eyes on the girl as she followed Tsuki. "Who's she?" I asked and pointed to the girl, looking around the gym. "Not sure, but she wanted to see the boys gym." He mumbled and sat down beside him. "Why are you pushing yourself so hard?"

He wiped my forehead and I took a shallow breath. "What else I supposed to do? They think I'm worse than everyone else. I need to prove myself and I can't do that if I'm not good enough." I set my hands on my stomach and picked the shirt up, wiped my face with the collar of my shirt.

Tsuki laid down beside me and played with my hand. "I think you're good enough." I smiled and rolled my eyes. "That's sweet Tsuki, but I know I need to improve....well everything." I laughed lightly and rubbed my eyes before sitting up. I watched girl walk around and she finally made her way over to us. "Thanks Kei." She smiled and I watched her carefully.

"It's tsukishima, call him tsukishima." I said and Tsuki sat up slowly. She walked out slowly and he pushed me to the side. "Hypocrite." He mumbled and I smiled. "I don't like people calling you that, it's weird." He set a hand on my thigh and leaned closer. "Why don't you call me Kei?" He asked, reaching to fix my hair. I huffed out and looked to the side. "I bet you'd like that wouldn't you?"

He had a mischievous smile. "Definitely." I leaned forward and kissed his cheek. "Well then come over to my house after school. We'll see what happens Kei." He warmed under my hand and I giggled. "Youre so cute." I kissed him quickly and sat up. "Ugh, I got all sweaty, I'm going to smell all day." I groaned as I walked into the locker room.