Nightmares

I woke up in the middle of the night and gasped for air. My hands trembled and I reached for my phone. I sniffled and called Tsuki, the phone ringing over and over. It went to voicemail. I hung up and called him again. I caught my breath and wiped my eyes.

It went to voicemail again and I sat up, crying softly. I called him again and it rang for awhile. "What?" He mumbled through the phone and my eyes opened. "Tsuki." I said and sobbed. I gasped for air and I heard him talking in my ear. "Hey what's wrong?" He said and I sniffled.

I rubbed my eyes hard and my hands were all shaky. "You still love me right?" I said quietly and he was quiet. "Of course I do." He said in a tired voice and I looked off to the side. "I'm sorry, I woke you up." I said guiltily and the phone beeped for a second. He hung up and I burst into tears. I held my phone tight and set my head on my knees. My phone rang again and he was FaceTiming me.

I answered after a few second and looked down at the screen. "Are you okay?" He asked and I looked at his sleepy face. I bit my lip to hold back tears and I shook my head. I scratched my ankle to distract myself and Tsuki looked at me. "Wipe your tears away." I nodded and pulled my sleeve down, wiping my whole face. I looked at him and he smiled softly. "Youre so pretty." He said quietly, his eyes closing.

I smiled and tears ran down, off my chin. "Remember when Noya slammed the ball on asahis head." I laughed lightly and nodded, wiping the tears out of the corners of my eyes. "And the other day with Kageyama fell over on Hinata." I smiled and covered my eyes. "Yeah." I said slowly and he looked at me through the screen. "It's okay yams, I'll come over in the morning and give you a big hug."

I took my hand down and watched him. "Okay, I love you Tsuki." I said softly and he had a half smile as his face pressed against the pillow. "But I'm only coming over if I get a kiss." He joked and I rubbed my knees slowly. "Shut up Tsuki." I mumbled and wiped my cheeks. He smiled and glanced around the screen. "Good night." He said quietly and I nodded, finally showing my full face, not just my eyes. "Ugh Youre so pretty, I can hardly look at you."

He turned his head away and I giggled. "Tsuki, look at me." I pleaded and he peeked through his fingers. He smiled and I looked at the tiny wrinkles form by his eyes. "I love you Tadashi." He said slowly and I chewed on my lip. "Yeah yeah, whatever, don't get all sappy on me." I waved him off and he brightened. "Okay I'm actually hanging up now." I nodded and he screen when back to my home screen. I stared at it for a second and felt empty on the inside. Purely exhausted.