Chapter 1

"My lady! This is such an adorable child!"

What's this noise about? I tried to open my eyes but it felt so weird, because it felt like it's been so long since I opened my eyes. What's going on? I attempted but failed.

"My dear baby."

What? What kind of language is that?

"You'll be named as Charlotte Lauren Delovy de Froscheldt." Is that a name? Whose name is that? That's a pretty long name, poor one who had to write such a very long name.

On my eagerness to open my eyes, on my last attempt I now see the light. From blurriness until it all became clear, then I saw unfamiliar faces. Is this foreigners?

I raised my hands, it was really hard but then I saw a cute pair of baby hands. Wait, what? Baby hands!?

"Ooh— oowah!" Am I- did I— did I sobbed and cried like a baby!?

Wait, what is that look in their eyes? I roamed my sight to see their faces full of shock.

"M-my lady! I- I think she's cursed! She even doesn't have a spec of the lord's blood. Her eyes— my God! Her eyes!" The old lady said, panicking but when I met the gorgeous blonde lady's green eyes, the one who's holding me, she had this gentle expression.

My hands moved by instinct, and touched her face, she closed her eyes trying to feel my touch. Is she my mother? I don't even know my situation, but this lady had quite the sad expression and then when a tear fell from her eye, I felt a kind of bit pain on my chest.

Did I die in my past life? Did I reborn in a weird family? A western one? Which place is it? France? Germany? No?

"Where's the child!? Oh it is—" the man who barged in, stopped when he saw me. He's handsome, I am telling you but he had this cold expression when he saw me that gave shivers through my spines.

"Whose child is it Laura? I don't even have the resemblance! And those eyes— it reminded me of that man's eyes! Did you betrayed me after our wedding Laura!? Tell me!" He shouted angrily at her, and because of the loud noises I cried and cried not just because he shouted because the lady holding me is also crying.

"She's my child Dion, and also Charles." When she finished her words, the wind outside broke the window and crashing sounds came.

This is scaring me, big time.

"It really does have the resemblance of that bastard, say should I kill her? Right here, right now?" I can feel his killing intent in those ash gray eyes, so I closed my eyes but still crying out loud, I opened my eyes again because my eyes hurt from crying.

"Please my lord, you need to calm down. The lady's tired from giving birth and you must not stressed her out." The old lady said trying to calm down the man who barged in, and the wind calmed down as he also calmed down. He looked down at the lady and to me, he had this gentle eyes looking at her.

"I'm sorry for scaring you, my lovely Laura. But I can never accept such a child in the house of Froscheldt, it's either you'll give that to the Delovy but you yourself know that they won't take that in, aren't you? Or let that thing live at the north. Your choice. And later at dawn, you must make your choice and tomorrow, I shall not see that child ever again." And then he left the room.

The lady also calmed down from crying, she looked at me and hush me down since I was still crying. She breastfeed me since I didn't stopped crying and I really felt hungry too. And the breastfeeding part was weird for me, since I wasn't an infant in mind but oh well, what can I even do in this moment.

I can't even understand what they're saying, it isn't even French, Spanish or German. And the winds, eyes glowing are all weird. But the weirdest part was, I heard them mentioning Dion, Laura, Charles, Froscheldt, Delovy and other things that are quite similar to something I had read before.

D-did I got reborn as a baby and from a novel at that!?

"Ah!" Oops, I think I startled her.

Was the title of that novel something with precious? Uhh.. ah! It's that <She's Precious>, that romance fantasy novel I had read before and was recommended by an acquaintance, in my past life.

In my past life, when I was a child I became an orphan. My family died in an accident, and I studied and worked hard to reach that good life, I became successful. I graduated and found a good job, I became a novelist, I bought things I wanted but I am still alone.

And then an acquaintance told me that my life sucks and said that maybe I should do other things rather than writing and staying at home but I never once followed her advice and only her recommended novels caught my interest and since it is a fantasy romance novel, that is unique in my taste since I am more of realistic one.

I think there are two novels she recommended to me, and I had read them separately because I was busy and the last one I've read was the novel <She's Precious>.

Ghad, this is quite the weird situation I am in.

I slept when after I became full, and on my sleep I heard the lady's words.

"I'm sorry, my child. I love you so much." And left.

When I opened my eyes again, I saw a ceiling that looked like it isn't cleaned for about a hundred years. Wait, what was my name again? It was Charlotte right? Charlotte whatever-it's-very-long name she had, since it was mentioned at very end of the novel and only mentioned once. Or was her name really mentioned there? She was an abandoned nameless and insignificant child in a novel.

But whatever, this is such a harsh situation for an infant you piece of—! My goodness.

And as far as I remember this child is fated to die at the age of 10, and the reason's unknown since the house Froscheldt didn't give a d-mn.

But I think before I die at 10 I'm going to die in this place, right here right now. Argh.