Chapter 4

Are they sabotaging the budget? I was thinking about the state matters again after I woke up between my sleep.

It's still midnight tho. I got out the crib and crawled since I ain't still that good in walking, and walking tires me very well.

I walk through the window after pushing a chair and climbed up. Then I opened the window to see the bright moon and stars, so pretty!

They have two moons here, maybe they have some weird history about that too but it's just beautiful so let's don't for random matters for awhile, I rested my cheek on my arms and unknowingly I fell asleep and when I woke up again, I am sleeping on my crib.

Weird, I thought I slept leaning on my arms while looking at the moons and stars. Err—

"Young lady—" huh? Leione? What happened!?

"Y-ywou're bweeding!" (You're bleeding!)

I stand up out of instinct and tried to run to her but I fell down.

"Auu—" damn it hurts!

"Found you rat. Oh! So this is the young lady, she's so~ healthy that she really looked like a noble but the orders never said that she shall live like this eh? Leione, half a year from now I'll be back and she shall be taught well, hm? Then good bye for now." That damn supervisor really is a pain.

He always would interrupt like this after sending his male lovers go that mostly looked like gigolos. And would wear makeup worst than the maids do.

Aw— my body hurts. Leione ran to me and hugged me tight.

"Y-young lady, I'm sorry. I said that I will protect but I can't even do such a thing." You've done plenty enough for me, Leione. It's already enough.

But at that moment, I can't even utter a word. I just hugged her tight and sobbed.

We moved forward, and let the day end like how it should. That day, I just ate and play, then Leione defend me again from other maids.

And days passes by, my clothes became ragged a time passes by. The food became leftovers or sometimes moldy, and that time no one wants to clean my room only Leione. But Leione, everyday, she's badly hurt so when I learned how to walk well I started to hold a rag, broom and a mop then clean my own room.

I'll bath myself with cold water, and eat a little portion of food given by the maids and Leione's health is slowly rotting.

And almost six months had past, I looked at my thin hands, wrists and feet. Since there's no mirror I can't still see my reflection until now, and I can't see my reflection well on water.

Ih? Was my hair color white? It should be golden tho? Aish.

"M-my lady let me comb your hair— cough!" Leione, I'm sorry.

I slowly sat in front of her, my back facing her.

"Your hair color's slowly turning white, are you getting old? Nah, this is weird my lady. Look how dry your hair now, if I was just strong as before it should've been silky, wavy and very pretty." I bit my lips to prevent my tears in falling down.

"S-swo how fwar the white cwolored pwart hwad weached now?" (So how far the white cored part had reached now?) I asked as I tremble, cannot hold back my tears anymore.

"Up to your elbow— cough!"

"Pweease cyut it fwor mwe." (Please cut it for me.) I said, remembering something.

"Yes? Why? It still looked pretty for me tho?"

"..."

"Okay then, let me cut it for you."

The next day I had finished arranging my clothes in my room and gonna head to Leione's room, it became a habit after that visit of the gay supervisor.

When I came, the door's half open and I was about to enter when I heard a voice. An unfamiliar one.

"Are you still going to protect that child? Look at how you look right now, is this really the former commander of the golden knights of the empire? Why don't you fight back? Still holding to your principles ih?" The man's voice said as he kept on bickering to Leione.

"You—!"

"What? You betrayed the empire once because of that child's father and now you're protecting his child, how disloyal are you to the empire, Leione." Wait, what!?

"I am just a mere maid right now, Vin."

"Right! You're now just a mere servant, and I now had your former position. So as a mere servant, choose your master well 'mere maid Leione'. I'll give you 2 days to make your decision, you'll leave that child here or stay here and die. Choose wisely." I hid on a corridor when I heard the footsteps going out of the room and I just can't believe as to what I've heard.

It must be something I shouldn't had heard, if Leione really is the former commander and of the golden knights at that, why didn't she fought back of she's really strong? Is it because of me?

Just why Leione? Why go to this extent?

I was always sleepless, and I know it isn't good for my body, since I'm only a child and I've only turned two years old not too long ago.

I'm so incompetent, what do I do? What can I do?

"Y-young lady? It's cold here, what are you doing here?" Leione asked as leans closer to me but I pushed her.

"G-gwo away!"

"Why? Did I do something wrong?"

I shook my head and run away from her. I'm sorry Leione, you've already done plenty of things for me, let me do something for you too. Please live! Leave me!

That night, I really cried hard and slept in between of my cries.

And got a weird dream.

"Charlotte... live... don't... again!"

I can't fully remember the words she's telling me, even her face is blurry but the only thing that made me remember her-

She got a very long white hair, just like my biological father's.