Chapter 38

Two days before the day the teacher would arrive, everything's so quiet or is that just I don't have much things to do.

Cloud is now at the Academy, he's probably studying now noh? And it was said that maybe he'll be back at winter.

Lin's probably busy with her own life. Oh I haven't replied to her letter yet. I'll do it later, maybe.

I breathed deeply.

"Is this what peace feels like?" I closed my eyes and felt the wind coming in from my balcony.

'Or the calmness before a storm?'

Wait- who!? This voice, it was the same voice.

Uh! My forehead, it felt like something's tingling there.

'My dear, can you now handle it?'

The what? What should I handle? What are you talking about?

'Oh, I think I came at a wrong time again. I guess I'll meet you there. Live well my dear.'

Wait— and everything went back to normal. I mean the silence again.

"My lady, can I come in?" It was Leia, so I gave her permission.

"His majesty had called for you. Let me guide you there."

It's weird, he didn't called for me for the past few days. I'm a bit nervous and I don't know why.

Why does it felt like something's going on without me noticing? or is it just me?

"SAY Victor, what do you think would she like?"

Looking at the piled treasures in front of them that is surely from the royal treasury. The head butler is sweating a lot since it's been a few days already that this event started. His majesty George Charles is having a trouble choosing a gift for his child.

He had once said that it's easier slaughtering people or beasts than to choose gifts but since he heard that kids that age loves gifts from their parents, he gave it a shot even though it's very difficult. And he also want to be close with her, as soon as possible. But it's been a few days and they can't even choose one.

"This emerald tiara will be good to her since her golden hair is very enchanting. But this sapphire one is also good same with the ruby ones. This necklaces are great, but they're too heavy for her neck and this—" he kept on mumbling of what will be good for her.

"Your majesty, the lady will be here later afternoon so you should— eek!" the head butler stopped talking when his gaze was pointed at him.

Charles sighed deeply, he thought that if it was Cloud, he will accept anything specially swords. But what would be a little lady want? If it were a normal lady, it will be jewelries or dresses. Hmmm.

"How about food your majesty? Kids at her age loves sweets the most specially the most popular now. Macarons." Leia at the side suggested.

"Right!" Julius reacted. Even though Julius was a great doctor that is most hired and wanted by everyone, he's now here, taking part on what gift to choose since day 1.

Leia sighed deep inside her. She had aways tried to say that but whenever she would she was always interrupted.

Thinking about it..

Day 1.

"What kids at her age like the most?"

"Hmm, books?" Victor answered.

"Your majesty, it may be—"

"I don't know, it's really quite taking a lot of time."

—sweets. Leia was ignored.

Day 2.

"Go ask Derick." Charles said while looking at papers with the lists of great treasures.

"He's in an errand your majesty." Victor said while fixing his glasses

"Would a territory suffice?" Julius asked.

"Probably a land?"

"I don't think so your majesty. She would love it if—"

"Right? That's a bit excessive. Let's see."

—it's food or sweets. Leia failed again.

And it went on for days up until the present and Leia almost gave up but at least she could say it now.

'This people with zero kids experience are really stupid.' But she can't tell it to them since it's her superiors. She should still act low as possible even at a times like this. Because being a servant to someone should accept even at their master's stupid times

"We must seize the best pastry shop in the empire— no it must be the best of the best. It must be the best in the world." And all their faces went to serious mode again.

Leia just want to disappear at any moment now. They're a fool for her huh. Well that's good enough.

Leia looked outside and saw the clear blue sky.

'Lil sis, your worries should subside now. There's this fools around the lady so I hope your mind will be at ease now.'

Without much further ado, for the remaining hours they had looked for the best pastry shop. And they found it at the central continent.

It wasn't hard, as whenever they knew that it was an order from the Northern Continent's Hellbore Empire, and the Emperor at that, they should follow. They closed the store and prepare much for the afternoon and teleported to the main palace.

"So you're the Sugarcoat's owner. A young lad huh? Well, do your best. If she wasn't pleased for a bit, your head will be sent flying."

The pink haired lady shivered with the order but when she heard about the challenge, it made her shivered from enthusiasm.

"I'm Nicorine, the pastry shope Sugarcoat's owner will definitely do her best for this job."

She said with sparkling eyes.