Chapter 3

It's been five months ever since I was transferred to this abandoned mansion, I think it has a name since it's from the Froscheldt but how would I know? I don't even know their language.

Sigh, I think I'm going back to study modes again? Or maybe not? Since I know, in this kind of era illegitimate childs, commoners, children with lowly birth have their fate set, it's either they'll be abandoned or be kept but the treatment is harsher than being abandoned or alone.

In my case, even I was abandoned there are still servants or maids who take care of me, I mean there should be maids but since they don't like taking care of a disgrace, only one stayed and cared for me dearly. And it was Leione, she defended me from unfair treatments of other maids from their pranks.

Like using rags as my clothes, cold water and sometimes shoving the milk to me like choking me. I guess I know now how Charlotte in the novel survived, thanks to Leione.

And today is no different, I've survived five months of hellish treatments and I am pissed, to be honest. But this kind of feelings aren't a thing to bother me since I had lots of it in my past life. Argh, what a cruel fate of mine!

I don't want to die at 10 you know! Ah, I'm hungry. Where's Leione? Huhu, Leioneee~

Then the door burst open but an unfamiliar face came in, I mean his features are quite familiar but I never encountered such a person before. And he's very rude.

Wait, is he here to kill me? I thought until I became 10!? This is really cruel! How the hell Charlotte endured this!? Gaaaahhh! I'm still a baby! An infant!

"Waaaahh!"

And unknowingly, I cried out loud. Ack!

And the man's expression became more cold and deadly that scared me a lot so I cried louder.

"What an ugly cry, I see that you're still alive and well." He hissed and leans closer, so I sobbed silently and looked at him too. We are staring at each other.

Why isn't there some cheat like I can understand their language something like that!? Isn't that a given for people who transmigrated to some other world or universe or dimension? Like in a game!? This is so unfair!

"Hmm, her eyes is undoubtedly very similar to that damned guy, no it was like he transferred his eyeballs to this little thing." I can't even understand a thing, help!

And a thud at the door came, and a lost in breath Leione appeared.

"I- I greet-your highness the crown prince! W-what can I help you? Please- huff- don't do harm to the young lady! I'm begging you!" And she knelt down, and put her head on the floor. Leione-!

"I see, you're the one who's taking good care of this child that's why it's still alive. Then I'll be back soon, take care of her well. She will hold a great role in the future and will be of a great help. Then I'll be on my way. And Leione-" then the man in a flashy outfit uttered words that made Leione widened her eyes looked shock and he left.

What the hell's going on? Do I have to keep on basing situations in their reactions? This is tiring me out.

And that man looked familiar, no similar to someone- he have the facial features with Dion except for the man's red hair but they have the same ash gray eyes. Wait red hair, ah! The characteristics of a royal blood, the imperial family of Hanlon.

So it must be the crown prince! Ah what was his name in the novel? Nevermind, he wasn't that well mentioned anyway. I think this is the time where he will be crowned as emperor since it is the ending of the novel.

Auuu, I'm hungry!

"I'm sorry my young lady, I was late." And she feeds me. Hmm, I became accustomed to the milk's taste since it's been so long, my stay here.

"Don't worry, my lady. I will protect you at any cost."

***
And a few months later, I was able to walk now step by step. Well, I'm still slow because I have chubby arms and legs and I was trying to talk now too but-

"Lweioneeee!" (Leione!)

It's a disaster, since my tongue's still short.

And thankfully I can now understand their words little by little, because I've been pestering Leione to teach me their Alphabets and guess what? It was really hard to understand at first because they all looked the same that differs in some tails? They look worms swarming on the paper.

But, I didn't gave up, I can understand them but I can't speak fluently because of my pronunciation. And she said she found it cute and kept on always messing up with my cheeks.

"Aw, my little miss is so adorable. What is it today? Are you hungry? Ah, should I buy you new clothes? You're growing quite fast. And your hair, it's growing pretty fast too." She said while messing up with my cheeks.

It was true, my hair is about one and a half feet long now, even tho I just reached one and few months old, but I am still short, my height.

"Geez, why do I have to come back here again? Argh, there's a letter for you Leione, and the budget of the 'little miss' will be given by the butler later." Then she looked at me. Uh, I remember this maid, she's the first maid I saw before Leione who looked disgusted when we first met.

"What an eyesore!" And she rolled her eyes.

"You should watch your words, Kira!" Leione said, and hugged me tight.

"Yeah, yeah! Keep protecting that child. One day, that child will be the reason of your downfall, Leione." And she then left.

"Lweione, I'm fwine! Chawotte stwong!" (Leione, I'm fine! Charlotte's strong!)

I said to comfort her and flexed my chubby arm at her. She gave me her warm smile.

"Hmm, the budget's going to be given later. Then shall we prepare for lunch?" And I looked at her with excited eyes!

Lunch! Hoho, food!

In my past life, I can't even do things like this, tho it's a bad situation but it isn't that worst like in my past life.

And speaking of the budget, I think it's weird. The longer I had stayed here, the maintenance of the place, the food and the clothes are slowly getting bad.

Because when I was seven months old, even though the mansion's old and was dirty at first because of it wasn't taken care of but now it was clean and better now, a bit.

And I've used quite good quality clothes not until recently. I think there's a problem with the finances.

"Ouu-" oof.

"Oh my, are you sleepy?"

Ack- I've thought too much.