Chapter 19

That blue light was now right on my face, later on I felt something pushing my back to help me up and sit. It wasn't pushy that it doesn't hurt at all or maybe I just feel numb all-over?

It seems that light was happy to see me, and when I didn't greet back coz I don't know how or what to do, it seems like it's sulking.

But later on it got away from me and came under the bed, after rustling a bit. A box came floating and landed in front of me.

I looked at it with a confused look.

Just what is this box?

The mini flying ball or dot of light opened it after a swish, and I was welcomed with something in blue.

A notebook, a pen and a letter.

Why do I know that it was a pen, notebook or a letter?

I unknowingly took the book and when I tried to open it it don't open but when I unknowingly touched it and thought of wanting to see it's contents, it opened, and there was something written on it. Hmm, written..

Are these letters? It has many kinds, the other letters were like worms and the other was cool.

And unexpectedly I understand those words.

25th day of March, ***. I was given the name Charlotte, currently 9 and I received you from Larence, it was cool. And this is the second time I received another gift. You'll be my lifetime diary from now on. Welcome to my isolated but adventurous (?) life. Let me tell you my story from the beginning.

There are words that caught my attention that was repeatedly mentioned. Original novel, past life, Leione, Larence, Dianne, Laura, Dion, Charles and many more names.

The one who wrote this was probably feeling hateful towards someone named Dion, she's annoyed to the one named Charles, and she misses Leione. She mentioned various emotions but mostly annoyed, pained, frustrated and hopeless. And everytime she felt hopeless, she would say 'Nah, I must survive.'

And one thing particularly caught my eye.

"Daddy.. stupid daddy. Please take me.."

When I read that part, I felt a pang on my chest like it seems I was the one who's saying that.

Some pages had blood, but mostly not. And when I turned back to look at the pen, the jewel of that pen looked pale blue. Was it always like that?

Why did this little fella gave me this? Was I the one who wrote this?

Oh, cold.

Right, it's snowing. I tried to finish reading the book or diary, and when I finished it.

I still felt empty.

Who am I?

It's snowing, like the day of birth of the one who wrote the diary.

On the day the first snow falls, and the first day of winter, Winter Day. Charlotte, I, was born in this world.

That's what was written there, and when I read the part the she always loved to roam outside and climb trees, I had the urge to do it even though it's snowing.

On her ninth birthday she cut her hair because it turned white, and buried it outside.

I also unconsciously touched my hair and saw a little white on the tip of the hair. I broke the vase that was nearby, and cut it.

It kind of annoy me looking at that color.

Foolish papa.. oops, that came out naturally.

The light later pulled me up, and guide me through the window, and the winter breeze embraced me.

It was very cold, but I felt refreshed.

After the window, there was a tree and I jumped through it that made my body trembled.

I immediately clutched onto the branch and looked sideways for the light but it was gone.

I. Was. Tricked.

This is frustrating, what am I doing?

This feeling's so familiar. The feeling of annoyance and left behind.

Dmn it.

That dmn ball of light.

Okay, breath in, breath out.

"Aw."

Why does my head spinning have to be at this time?

"Argh."

Endless flow of images came rushing in my mind that it felt not mine.

It seems something's forcing to get inside my head.

The memories of Charlotte.

Who's Charlotte?

The one who died in assassination, or the one who died in illness, or the one who died while running away, or the one who died on torture?

Just who?

Most of the images are different painful deaths of Charlotte, that every death felt like mine.

They only have one dying wish.

And whenever I wanna know what's their dying wish, it became blurry like it was being sealed off. It was purposely hidden from me.

'You'll be named Charlotte Lauren Delovy Froscheldt..'

What a long name, who's name was that?

It seems I am Charlotte, but I can't recall the 'past life' my memories kept on saying.

"Just.. what the hell?"

And a cracking sound was heard.

D-don't tell me?

And another cracking sound.

No way! I'm not that heavy, how the hell—!?

I fell. Yes people, I fell. But luckily I grabbed on another branch and didn't fell on the ground, but seriously this is killing my bones. I'm so thin that I might break ok? So this is tiring the hell out of me.

Why now!?

And when I looked at my window, there was a human figure on the shadow.

Oh dmn right, today's the day. The doom's day, or not? Or whatever!

"Oh, this is rare."

And his bright red hair caught my eye, and it was unexpected that he was also a child.

But he was holding a sword, and seems like he's ready to kill but the prey's missing.

This is bad but— before I might die in anyone's hands I might die from falling from this tree, y'know?

"Are you here to kill me? Seriously? Right now?" I asked while hanging on the tree.

He then gazed at me, his gray eyes that felt familiar for some reason looked at me from head to toe.

"I think the information I was told were false." The red haired guy said while contemplating his thoughts.

"Pfft."

And there was someone stopping his laugh to get out below me.

And his black hair is the only thing that I can see.

"HAHAHAHA! D-mn! He really had quite a weird genes!" And the black haired one kept on laughing.

Well, excuse me you two? Can you just help me go down from this tree!?