Chapter 32

She slowly opened her eyes and another yet unfamiliar ceiling welcomed her vision.

"Leione.." was the first word she uttered after waking up.

She can't remember what happened after she saw that horrifying moment.

Leione being stabbed multiple times, it is inevitable for Leione to be alive but why does the woman in a maid outfit that is exactly like Leione on her maid uniform.

The difference was that, the woman in from of her lacks emotions.

"How are you feeling? Are you uncomfortable anywhere?"

Those words should've been filled with worry and care, but the woman in front of her spoke so dry and cold, as if contradicting the meaning of those words normally.

"Leione.." she uttered again while staring at the woman.

The woman in maid uniform stopped from taking the glass of water on the table but then continued after a moment and helped Charlotte drink.

After letting her drink, she stepped backwards and bow slightly.

"I shall inform the doctor and His majesty." She said dryly and left the room. No matter how hard she try to utter words full of politeness, kindness or emotions, she can't really show anything.

She had given up on that before, but now after seeing the child's face full of sorrow while saying Leione's name. She badly want to hug her, comfort her, and tell her words that can ease the pain of someone who had through difficulties, but no matter how hard she try. Her dry and cold face, voice, her whole being cannot be changed anymore.

Even though she wanted to sigh, she just sighed in the back of her mind and continued her path to His majesty and the doctor.

She knocked on the door and when she gained permission to enter, she slowly opened it and three people welcomed her sight.

One is the assistant of His Majesty named Victor, and the other one is in white coat and his purple long hair was delicately tied downwards. But she didn't care about them.

"Greetings to His Majesty, the emperor of Hellbore, ruler of the North and conqueror of the South. May the blessing of God Devlin be with you."

She bowed and gave her greetings. Even though it looked dry and cold, the people inside the room knew everything so it was normal for them.

"Yes, may the blessings of Devlin be with you too, Leia. Though I've told you many times if it weren't in formal or for public purposes, it's fine without these kind of things." Charles said, not looking in front but on the papers he's holding.

"I cannot just be impertinent in front of my master." She said and caught the purple haired guy looking at her, he just smiled and waved her but she didn't care.

"So what is it?"

"The child is awake."

Charles stopped on what he's doing and got a serious face. He put down the papers and lean his chin on both hands.

"Cloud is awake? He was awake when we came here. What child are you talking about?" He looked at Leia with suspicious eyes. He just can't understand what she's talking about.

"The girl, named Charlotte, the child is awake, master."

A day had passed already after the incident in the northern of Hanlon, at Hillville Village. But he doesn't remember about a child named Charlotte, that is inside his own palace.

"A child..? Charlotte? Who's that?"

And a loud bang from the door was heard, it was opened abruptly by someone. He has black hair, was tall and looked great, except for his clothes that covered only half of his top but it was good that below was covered well, and was only wearing a cloth in white and in barefoot. It was none other than Derick, kind of looking pissed.

"What impertinent attitude you're showing to us again Derick?" Victor said.

Derick didn't care as he continued to walk towards Charles table. His hair was long reaching his waist, he has broad shoulders and strong body, unlike the Derick that Charlotte knew.

"I've told you many times to bring me things I need to use in that room but it's been months after coming back. That room doesn't still have a thing I can use."

Derick was pissed, after troubling to go and do some matters in Hanlon for months, he came back on his room on that palace and decided to reside there for awhile but that room didn't still had any clothes for him or other necessities.

Charles only massaged his forehead and realized he had forgotten about it too. Wait,.. 'too'? Did he forgot other things other than that? Or maybe not.

He then asked Victor to fixed it and faced Leia again on the side.

"So, what is it we were talking about again?"

"Are you talking about Charlotte?" Derick interrupted before Leia could began to speak about it.

"You know her? Who's that?" Charles' becoming su frustrated about being clueless to something.

"Before I would tell you about her just promise one thing." Derick's golden eyes looked the same but now is very full of seriousness.

"Sure, go ahead."

"You must let her live here."

Charles' eyes sent daggers to Derick. Just how could he let a person from Hanlon to live in his domain? Let alone a child at that.

A child's body can't handle the harsh weather of Hellbore, a northern empire of the northern continent. It is much better if that child was on Flamia, the southern empire of the southern continent. Just who is this child for even Derick to let that child live in here?

"Fine. Then tell me."

Derick sat on the nearby couch and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"But first, send this purple head there first. He must check the body's condition first right since she had awoken?" Derick said while pointing at the person opposite of the couch he's sitting at.

"Hey, I have a name. It's Julius! Julius! How can you be so ungrateful to someone who had saved you before?"

"Who said that you saved me? I've seen you since you were just crying and crawling on dirt so don't give me that crap." Derick uttered.

"You..!"

"Enough. Just go on now Julius."

Julius didn't had a choice, and it's his duty as the greatest doctor and healer of them all to do the job.

After grumbling for a moment, he glanced at Leia first, smiled and gone out without seeing her usual ignorance.

"And Lin had recovered well already since she didn't had any huge incident on that scene."

"Just spill it out already Derick."

"But my room is—"

Charles glared at him, and looked at him as if saying 'I'll kill you, just you see'. Derick just laughed it off thinking on what way would Charles kill him that seems way too impossible.

"You told me to always remind you of your child, and as someone who had a deal and was with you for a very long time already. This is one of the main things I should do."

"My child? Are you talking about Cloud? This ridiculous story aga—"

"No. That girl's your child."