Chapter 18

It became an everyday routine, I was fed forcefully, I was forced to sleep and I was forced to take whatever.

Everytime he would grip my neck, and hold that crystal. It felt like something was lurking out.

I lost track of the time, I don't know if it's already near my birthday or not.

But everytime I suffer from his tortures, injecting kinds of liquids in my body and many more, my memories became hazy. It all felt dark and gloomy.

And whenever I was held by my hair, I'll see white strands falling.

The ground's filled with red liquid, the whole cell smell rusty because of blood. Dried and fresh blood.

"And for your information, beside this cell was the place your father reside in before."

Everytime he'll torture me, he would speak about my father.

He would tell me that my father's stubborn, persistent, and very hard to torture but it was satisfying everytime my father suffer.

And everytime he will torture me, maybe because I was holding to the thought of meeting Leione again and meet my stubborn idiotic father, I was able to hold on for long.

"For a nine year old, you hold too well. Your father was eight years old back then."

And the longer I take his beatings, his way of torture. The more my memories became hazy, and sometimes I would think- who's Leione? Father? Daddy?

But thanks to those thoughts of father and someone named Leione, I was able to maintain half of my sanity.

And he continued.

But someone came in, it was another Golden Knights Commander or is he that?

The one who's torturing me and the one who's in a knight's uniform, had the same face and features.

"I thought so. You're here stupid brother."

"Oh, I know it's a bit early from the plan but I can't wait that long, haven't you realize that?"

The one in the knight's uniform sighed deeply and patted his brother's shoulder.

"Idiot. Be thankful she hadn't died yet, well it's a bit shocking to hear she held on up to this point. But enough is enough brother, it isn't time yet."

The torturer tsked and looked back at me.

And they continued to talk.

"It seems it'll be winter soon. So just leave her alone now."

"Fine, fine."

Can I sleep now? Really? At last.

I let my drowsiness eat my system and I was on my deep sleep.

For the first time in awhile on that cell, I slept longer than I could expect.

I woke up being held by someone, and the way was on a stairs.

And when we reached the door, it was a room from the abandoned mansion.

So, the cell was under the mansion?

"Where should I put this?"

"On her room, obviously."

And they kept on rambling and rambling.

And another gasping man came, he was out of breath maybe from running.

"The rose of Timea isn't in the garden."

"Are you kidding me?"

"No, I really looked everywhere in there. There's no rose with a dark as black color of a rose. Does that kind of rose even exist in here?"

"In the center of the Rose Academy, there's black roses tho?"

"Idiot. Those are made by magic."

"Maybe, it doesn't really exist? But the master said if that child was born, that rose should exist."

"Nah, it's just a myth so maybe it really isn't true."

And they kept on talking rubbish after that.

After I was put on a bed, it was soft but cold and I sniffed a bit dust.

They left me lying on that bed and they slammed the door so hard that it might break.

I was left alone, again.

What am I even doing here? Who am I? Who's those people on my mind? I can't even see their faces clearly.

I'm weak, I'm pathetically lying in bed and can't do anything.

Or I just don't want to do anything. I still have a little bit amount of strength left, in the past I would use this strength to do things I like.

But what did I even like to do in the past? Why doesn't I have any idea now?

Maybe, I should just sleep but my stubborn eyes and mind won't make me sleep.

So, I just kept my eyes close and let my mind wander.

There's children running around in my dream, and it seems the other child doesn't care. She's just sitting there, having tea.

It seems that she really doesn't like it there but she didn't left either way.

Who are they?

Then the scene changed into a woman in an armor crying and leaning on a bed with someone lying on it. It seems that, that person in the bed had its life taken already, it's soul had left the world. The woman seems so pitiful that I wanna hug her, I can't see her face clearly and I don't know her but there's some familiarity that I felt in my heart.

My heart aches whenever she sobs.

After someone came in on that room, the other scene changed and it became dark, it was all pitch black but in the middle of it all there's a light. A child and a man hugging and crying was on that light.

The child kept on begging to be taken away from something, the man keot on saying sorry that he was late.

Ah.

What's this?

I slowly lifted my hands and touched my cheek. It's wet. Why? Why am I crying?

'Charlotte.. I'll get you soon. Wait for me, daddy won't be late anymore.'

'Really?'

'Yes. Really.'

Charlotte?

'Thank you for being alive.'

Who?

'Please wait for me, m'lady.'

'Charlotte.'

Are they calling me 'Charlotte'? Who's that? Oh, was that my name? I have a name, wow.

Ah, these tears won't stop. My eyes hurt so bad.

I cried and cried that night that unknowingly I fell asleep.

When I woke up, it's cold. Colder that before, and something cold is touching my body. I opened my eyes and was shock to see there's snow coming inside the room.

And I saw a line of light coming near.