Chapter 9

So he really did saw.

"I think you saw things wrongly. What wilted? What grass?" I answered his question with another question.

"Are you saying that I'm imagi—"

"Sister! Larence! It took awhile since we had a conversation there. Are the two of you having a nice conversation too? Let me in!" Dianne said after running towards us.

Nice timing.

"My lady, you shouldn't be running like that." The blue haired one said after he also arrived on our seat, the green haired man also came.

Well, it is reasonable for Dianne to take awhile too since the entrance of this wide garden is way too far from our location, which is the center of the garden where you can stay and have tea openly.

"Silly uncle! We're the only ones here so don't worry, I won't be hurt." Then she smiled so she can assure them.

"Even though you do heal quickly, it's still dangerous."

Dianne giggled and faced me after.

"Sister, this is uncle Skye, papa's cousin. And sir Devin, papa's best friend." They bowed so I did.

"Nice to meet you, my lady." Skye said as he secretly emphasized the 'my lady' part. Devin only nodded, I think he isn't that talkative?

"Likewise." I said.

The way Sir Skye's gaze is definitely saying he doesn't like me. And this Devin guy, well he doesn't show much expression.

These two seems familiar. A cousin and a friend of Dion.

Hmm..

Oh right! The two loyal comrades of Dion when he was on his Academy days 'til present.

I see. I can understand why Skye would react that way. He hate, no, he loathed my biological father to a higher level that Dion does.

Since my biological father, on the novel, hurt Skye's beloved. I mean the woman died, and it was said my father is involved since a strong dark magic was found on the woman's body and the only one who had great dark magic that time was father.

I sighed deeply inside. When did I even learn about 'father' this and that? Argh.

But his gaze is too much, I might get indigestion. I looked at Larence who came back being busy on his cookie and Dianne talking to Devin.

"Err, how do you do Sir Skye..?" I asked.

"Well, I'm doing fine. Very fine, indeed." Geez, this man taking his dislike on father to his child is quite childish.

"That's good to hear."

I averted my gaze, and sipped my tea.

And that afternoon tea went to an end while I was still frustrated.

"Cwan I twell bwis swister swomething?" (Can I tell big sister something?)

Larence said wile tugging Dianne's clothes. Well, he's back on his act?

"Well, sure. Go on." Dianne said and smiled while Skye had this face of hesitation but Dianne reassure him again with few words and smile.

Well, what we got here? An uncle who's a fool on her niece too?

Larence then came near me and gestured his hand that I should bend down a bit. When I did, he then lean closer to my ears and whispered something.

"Since we'll be staying for the night. Tonight, I wanna tell you something later. I'll wait in here." Before I could respond, he then smiled and walked away.

That kid's weird.

My days on the mansion became a bit more pleasant yet uncomfortable since it's another new thing that happened to me.

Maids are now greeting me, even though I know it's just all act. And the bad treatment they gave me are now getting lesser than before yet you can still see them being unpleasant through their actions.

And also, the hallways room, everywhere are now always clean. Heh, so this is the influence of real masters ey?

I had dinner alone in my room when all of them are dining in together in the dining hall. They invited me several times before, but I already made it clear to them that meals like breakfast, lunch and dinner I can't dine with them because of some circumstances, I said but the truth is I just don't want to. So, they respected my decisions and here I was. Though, maybe in the future I would try joining them in the morning.

After I had my dinner meal, I looked out the window. The moons are brightly shining tonight as well.

Should I meet Larence or not? Well, whatever it is. I might try hearing it though.

So after a few moments of thinking and staring at my ceiling. I then decided to meet that child. I didn't bother getting a blanket, or robe since the air is refreshing and ain't that cold.

I looked left and right to see if there's some maids walking or I might get caught.

After some walks, I reached the entrance of the garden.

As I took each step forward, the flowers kept on blooming, shining green and blue. Then sparkly dusts, or whatever it is kept on spreading.

It was like whenever I take a step they would came out and the flowers would brightly shine for me.

I then reached the center, and saw the child looking up staring at the two moons.

His eyes, are gloomy. It's dark, it's like they've been through many dark things already. He's only six or whatever his age was but his expression says otherwise.

He then turned at me, then a sudden gentle smile was seen on his sad face.

"As expected the flowers would react like that to you." He said and sat on the grass, so I did.

He's staring on the roses.

"So, what is it?" I asked since he won't speak.

"Sister, thank you for being alive." He said after hesitating to tell me or not, because he knew he would tear up.

That night, after telling me that sentence that confused me big time.

I didn't utter another word, and looked up.

I let him cried beside me, and lean on my shoulder. This is the first time, I don't feel unpleasant towards a Froscheldt.