Chapter 17

"THE YOUNG LADY IS MISSING!"

It seems that I just saw an illusion, I and I wasn't the one chasing Dianne. There's an intruder.

And what I saw outside the open door was Dianne's ribbon and her one pair of shoe which was covered in mud.

It looks like it happened much earlier when I'm still counting. I slowly went outside to pick it up, the cold drops from the rain gave me shiver and pain but it doesn't matter as I was focused on the two objects. Or does it really not matter?

I must tell the maids— wait, would they believe me-?

"AHHHHHHH!"

After I turned around, a maid came screaming after seeing me. I was wet from the rain, and was holding a shoe and ribbon from Dianne.

And moments later, there came the whole people in the mansion.

Many gasped, many looked at me with that disgusted and scared look.

And when I looked on the small figure within the crowd, Larence has a dark expression or I just can't see his expression well because it was dark.

Then the head butler came.

"Did you do this, Charlotte?"

Wait— what!?

I-is he accusing me!?

I was about to shake my head to say no when a tall figure with a gloomy expression came in front of me. I can't look at him in the eye, he was just shaking while taking away the things I was holding.

He was about to cry when he looked at me.

Anger, his eyes are full of anger.

"Your g—"

I was about to say something when he turned around from me.

He immediately go to Larence and hold him, and he immediately ordered for a search of the young lady that gone missing.

What did just happened?

Then after all of the crowd decrease, I immediately felt pain after he hold both my shoulders tightly.

"What happened? Tell me! Did you do this!?" I shook my head helplessly.

I looked at Larence to give me help, but he's not looking at me.

What.. did just happened?

"Uncl—"

"Don't call me that! You're just like your father! Why did I even trust you? I should've not listen to Laura about matters that includes the family of you both, you and your father. Damn it! Take her to her room!"

I was forcibly taken to my room, I was reaching out my hand to Larence earlier but now I was just reaching my hand to nothingness.

'Thank you for being alive.'

'Whatever happens in the near future, always remember I'm on your side.'

Was that all lies? Why?

No. No. If I just explained what really happened they might hear me out.

'Will they hear you out?'

'They'll just think you're making excuses.'

'Who would believe you?'

'Besides you're alone in the first place.'

No!

'They're nothing when you're alone, do they matter to you this much?'